Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Commentary: Will Sunny Isles Survive? >

Commentary: Will Sunny Isles Survive?

Notices

Commentary: Will Sunny Isles Survive?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Had a great time at this event except for when Stu Jones got up and made his speech Saturday night about how much poker runners are better than racers. When I attended his Jax PR event I certainly didnt get up and make a speech about how much better racers are than poker runners..... I enjoyed that event and had fun with performance enthusiast that share the same passion that I do. Stu just needs to realize that he and/or poker runners are no better than anyone, in these economic times we all need to band together, share and enjoy our mutual passion which is performance boating
Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

We had a hell of a time, worth the 1500 mile trip, and we'll be back next year
Old 06-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

ap·a·thy   
[ap-uh-thee]
–noun, plural -thies.
1. absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.
2. lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the feedback. Interesting Stuff and we do appreciate the support from everyone who did bring it. I think the doom may have been overstated a bit. Our primary miss was with the general fan. We had Billboards, TV Commercials, and a large morning show pushing the average family to come and they did not.

If we had our race on the 4th of July it would be EASY the beaches are already full of people all weekend and you have a built in crowd in place. Our present date is tough and we have asked the City to consider a change.

The real game changer will be in November when the TV show/ episode come out. This year’s production team is quite different than last years and I am sure every race boat/poker Run boat who wasn’t there or not going to other OPA races will surely regret not being part of the show. But there is always 2012.

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Had a great time at this event except for when Stu Jones got up and made his speech Saturday night about how much poker runners are better than racers. When I attended his Jax PR event I certainly didnt get up and make a speech about how much better racers are than poker runners..... I enjoyed that event and had fun with performance enthusiast that share the same passion that I do. Stu just needs to realize that he and/or poker runners are no better than anyone, in these economic times we all need to band together, share and enjoy our mutual passion which is performance boating
I did not hear what Stu said so ???? I will ask him about it when he gets back. Thanks

Originally Posted by Interceptor
How about this
The Flight Club Skater Fest thread has 345 replies, this thread has 29.
sort of telling where the interest is.
ed
Anecdotal Comment. If you do the math and add up the total number of threads and then divide by the number of days from the start of the thread to the number of views the response ratio is about 60% greater than the other. But does it really matter. This all feeds the same machine

I do whis I was able to go Skaterfest. Looked like a great time and in a way I do miss the fun of Lake St Clair. I had to run to the Texas Challenge and throttle a customers boat. Which of course broke testing the day before the run. Just my luck.

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
ap·a·thy   
[ap-uh-thee]
–noun, plural -thies.
1. absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.
2. lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting.
I guess so. You are probalby right and thats OK. We will go Offshore Running and they can take ther big boats and go Lakeshore Racing. LOL

Check out www.eastcoastoffshore.com for leftover T's and other stuff
Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
Thanks for all the feedback. Interesting Stuff and we do appreciate the support from everyone who did bring it. I think the doom may have been overstated a bit. Our primary miss was with the general fan. We had Billboards, TV Commercials, and a large morning show pushing the average family to come and they did not.

If we had our race on the 4th of July it would be EASY the beaches are already full of people all weekend and you have a built in crowd in place. Our present date is tough and we have asked the City to consider a change.

The real game changer will be in November when the TV show/ episode come out. This year’s production team is quite different than last years and I am sure every race boat/poker Run boat who wasn’t there or not going to other OPA races will surely regret not being part of the show. But there is always 2012.

I did not hear what Stu said so ???? I will ask him about it when he gets back. Thanks

Anecdotal Comment. If you do the math and add up the total number of threads and then divide by the number of days from the start of the thread to the number of views the response ratio is about 60% greater than the other. But does it really matter. This all feeds the same machine

I do whis I was able to go Skaterfest. Looked like a great time and in a way I do miss the fun of Lake St Clair. I had to run to the Texas Challenge and throttle a customers boat. Which of course broke testing the day before the run. Just my luck.

I guess so. You are probalby right and thats OK. We will go Offshore Running and they can take ther big boats and go Lakeshore Racing. LOL

Check out www.eastcoastoffshore.com for leftover T's and other stuff
No "doom" intended or overstated, at least in my commentary. The point was: Here is an event that appears to be doing almost everything right, timing notwithstanding—offering something for everyone in a carnival-like atmosphere—and yet it is struggling.

As you said, there's been a lot great feedback in this thread.

Obviously, I think it's worthwhile, hence the extensive coverage on speedonthewater.com.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:40 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt,

Thanks for all the support.

BTW this year was the first year we professionally taped the whole weekend. Thanks to the support of OPA and Amsoil. Now the event is not just one static weekend it lasts forever.

http://www.amsoilracing.com/index.aspx