Old 06-29-2011, 04:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

There is a company in Europe producing header systems for

cathalytic converter - engines with O2 sensors

The welding and total quality is better than CMI

They offer systems for 4,3 - small blocks and big blocks

Due to the strong Euro to Dollar exchange rate they might be a little more expensive - but - you get what you pay for !

They also work on turbo systems

http://www.mizu.de/10_mizu/de/xtshop...c3_Marine.html
Attached Thumbnails Ilmor Marine MV8 6.2L?-6-cylinder-cat-1-.jpg   Ilmor Marine MV8 6.2L?-mizu-pmax-small-block-headers-5-0-cad-3d.jpg   Ilmor Marine MV8 6.2L?-small-block.jpg  

Ilmor Marine MV8 6.2L?-4-3-6-cylinder.jpg   Ilmor Marine MV8 6.2L?-k-img_0980.jpg  
Old 06-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by bor
Thx ! I hope so ,it's a 21 v hull bare hull weight arround 1100 lbs and gonna try a blackhawk on it hoping to be touching the triple digits if I have the balls to get it there ,normally they are outboard hulls doing 78 mph whit a merc 280 efi
That motor looks great, and the boat should run very well with a surface drive and all that power! Good luck keep us updated
Old 06-29-2011, 05:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I am happy to see more companies coming out with marinized versions of the LS motors, I am not at all impressed with the Ilmor motors. It would not suprise me if all they did was take stock GM long blocks and added their own intake and exhaust. GM offers a crate 6.2 with EFI and 480HP and 475 ft/lbs tq.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Nice link to someone who seems to have a catalyst system header for retro-fit. Two questions here, can we afford them? and do they make sets for the big blocks and LS engines ?? Those may be the $64k questions.

Fastestbowtie;
Not to be dis-respectful or argumentative, but if you have ever been to Ilmor's engine facility and seen their operations and engines being built I am pretty sure your opinion of their engines and builds would be greatly re-configured! Right now I am guessing you don't have clue!!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 06-29-2011, 11:10 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default headers

Originally Posted by pokerrunboats
There is a company in Europe producing header systems for

cathalytic converter - engines with O2 sensors

The welding and total quality is better than CMI

They offer systems for 4,3 - small blocks and big blocks

Due to the strong Euro to Dollar exchange rate they might be a little more expensive - but - you get what you pay for !

They also work on turbo systems

http://www.mizu.de/10_mizu/de/xtshop...c3_Marine.html
The finish is real nice but if I look at the design I want to know how they perform on the dyno ,the runners are very different in lenght and the collector could be much better but most marine headers have that .
The price is for us here in europe not too bad It will be the same as a pair from the states incuding shipping and taxes .

I wonder why there isn't any manufactory that make a good watercooled header whit good collector this will give a hugh performance increase ,we dynoed a blown BB whit stellings and then whit keith eickert headers and found 160 hp !! I wish the had them for my ls !!