Thoughts of new no wake zone at Loto >

Thoughts of new no wake zone at Loto

Notices

Thoughts of new no wake zone at Loto

Old 05-28-2002, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts of new no wake zone at Loto

Now that everyone has experienced the new no wake zone, what do you think of it? I saw no new improvements. Actually, it may have been worse. IT was hard to tell will the increase in boats out for the holiday, but it seemed like boats were everywhere when coming up on plane going to pc.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:26 PM
Registered

Default question

can you tell me if the no wake zone is in effect on sunday morning, before 10 am? I can never tell from the descriptions I read on the changes.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:08 PM
Registered

nope, 10 am to official sunset on weekends and holidays only. I wonder what official sunset is though.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mpally that changes every day

I thought that the no wake zone there made a lot of sence and was not bad at all. That is of course coming from an outsider.

Jon
Old 05-28-2002, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I am an outsider that has only experienced the lake one time without the no wake zone. It didn't bother me any. I found some of the bouys on the PC end of the zone VERY hard to see at night. Other then that it didn't bother me any.

Sunday morning around 11:30am we were going from Lazy Days to the marina by the bridge and a large Sea Ray (about 40') came up on me running about 25mph. He was really close too. Couldn't believe it! There were at least 150 boats in that no wake zone idling around. Not like he couldn't figure it out. He got about 2/3 through the zone and lake patrol ran him down. It was a short stop, so I'm sure he just got a warning.

The back of the boat said "Overland Park" so he shouldn't be ignorant to the new zone.

Buck
Old 05-28-2002, 11:47 PM
Registered

It didn't bother me either. More time to warm up in the sunshine.

I'm sure it would get old if you had to idle through it often though.
Old 05-29-2002, 01:40 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Thoughts of new no wake zone at Loto

Originally posted by mpally
I saw no new improvements. Actually, it may have been worse. IT was hard to tell will the increase in boats out for the holiday, but it seemed like boats were everywhere when coming up on plane going to pc.
I agree with ya Mpally....
It is total B.S., while I was at the gym Saturday morning several local boys were talking about it and they said it was the stupidest thing they had ever heard of... They said that they are going to make it so tourists don't frequent the lake anymore...
AND THEY LIVE THERE YEAR ROUND!!!! That tells ya one thing; somebody has some serious pull if they are gettin' stupid azz laws like that passed!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Registered

Default now that Ive seen it in action

the stretch from the bridge to the Moorings corner is OK, only 5 or 10 minutes longer.

The stretch from the Moorings corner to the Lazy Days corner is rediculous. What good is it to constrict the traffic into 2/3 of the lake width here. 500 ft of no wake along the north shore will have little impact on the wave action there, the waves are going to progress till they find a shore.

Then the Lazy Days corner is really screwed up because all of the traffic is compressed to the one side of the lake, and everyone has just seen a long line of bouys that say no wake to the right and now they see a new line of bouys that say keep right. Well, there arent but 1 of 10 boats that knew they were to keep right going around that hairpin turn. At first I thought is was just that everyone was an idiot, then I decided to cut some slack because of the potential confusion.

KEEP RIGHT around that corner, please. Maybe everyone will get it figured out eventually, but those keep right bouys are not new, they were there last year.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure it helps the property owners that are just past the bridge, but now everyone has to - power up, get a line on the water established, navagate the turn and "Stay right", then come down off plane. With the biggest waves being made while planeing and then slowing down, I think the waves are larger now in a smaller and confined area.

The waves I saw as I made the turn were bigger than any I had ever seen at the Ozarks! Someone said that there was a small runabout overturned at the mouth of Party Cove but I never saw it and have not seen a report on the Missouri Water Patrol web site.
Old 06-03-2002, 07:09 PM
ssherman

Here is what I think
Attached Thumbnails Thoughts of new no wake zone at Loto-little-kid.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thoughts of new no wake zone at Loto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.