Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   There a big fire right out my back door (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25664-there-big-fire-right-out-my-back-door.html)

Hauling Trash 06-02-2002 09:52 PM

There a big fire right out my back door

There`s a big fire in the wood about 1 mile away . might have to leave . Just got this house and this is happening :eek:

What a weekend with the njppc A.C. poker run.:)
Then come home to this.

mike

Wow I can see the fire.:eek: :eek: :eek:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-02-2002 10:06 PM

Saw the smoke on the way home. They already evacuated a few people from their homes. Good Luck Mike. :(

McGary911 06-03-2002 12:03 AM

I was anchored off of Point Pleasant watching the SBI racce, and saw the smoke from there. Heard they closed the parkway. Im sure the high winds didnt help. Hope you, your family and house are ok.

McGary911

eliminator219 06-03-2002 07:19 AM

Bad News!!

Hope that every thing works out for you and your family!!
Come-on RAIN!!!

eliminator219:
:D :D :D

Jana 06-03-2002 08:18 AM

My parents said it was in Double Trouble Park and that they evacuated a bunch of people around Bayville. Hope everyone and their homes and boats are OK!

SunseekerNY 06-03-2002 11:27 AM

Dear Mike:

I saw that on the news when I got home last night. I hope your new abode remains unscathed.

Jennifer

SunseekerNY 06-03-2002 11:31 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
Mike is that the big forrest fire they are discussing on the national news this morning? :(

It must be....I just saw it agian on MSNBC and it said Ocean County....

It is, indeed. I heard traffic is a nightmare down there too. Wow. Nature can be a real Mother sometimes.

Cord 06-03-2002 01:30 PM

This might be a screwy idea, but...if you have to evacuate, try setting some of those clicking spinklers on your roof. You'd want to keep the grass around the house and the roof wet. Usually the burning grass will light the siding on fire and the roof will catch from flying embers. You never know, it might just save the house...

NASTY HABIT 06-03-2002 05:11 PM

No one has heard from him ????? I hope everything is alright

Tantrum 06-03-2002 05:19 PM

Cord,
Nothing CRAZY at all about trying to save your house. I would try anything if my house were about to burn and your idea actually make sense. Wheres a Wissconsin boy come up with that?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-03-2002 06:14 PM

I just heard on the News that it was ok for all to go back to their homes. Hope your house is ok Mike! Get back to us.......

Cord 06-03-2002 06:25 PM

Just standing back and watching California too much I guess. :D

Hauling Trash 06-03-2002 10:48 PM

Thank you ,We didn`t have to leave your house , That the good news, Bad news It smells bad , SMOKE ,
But were ok .The fire still burning.
Thank you oso

mike merola

Dave P , Thanks for a great time in A.C .

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-03-2002 11:21 PM

Glad to hear you are safe. The wind must have shifted because I too am now getting the smell of smoke in Brick. 15 miles away! :eek: :(

BODYSHOT1 06-04-2002 12:15 AM

..I just returned from a fire call for a "smell of smoke"..we're all over town before the powers that be realize the wind has shifted and we're chasing a fire 40 miles from here!!! :mad: :rolleyes:

..Glad you're ok Mike!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-04-2002 12:23 AM

"The powers that be" Must have just read this post and called ya's back huh? :eek: ;) :D :D Glad to see you're back safely Marty....

BODYSHOT1 06-04-2002 12:31 AM

..thanks Shark!....just makes me nuts when people don't take a moment to think about a situation!!

ah well.....:rolleyes:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-04-2002 12:46 AM

I'll admit, I checked my whole house out, then went outside and took a quick look around at my neighborhood, went to my website and checked the wind direction which was w-sw and that is when I was satisfied it was coming from Bayville. ;)

boat nut 06-04-2002 12:50 AM

Mike,

I'm sure glad that you're allright.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-04-2002 12:54 AM

Marty? Don't you think Mike should possibly get on some OXYGEN??? ;) :D :D :D Just kidding Mike, hope all is well...

Iggy 06-04-2002 09:23 AM

Saw the fire on The Weather Channel this morning. Looked like it was close to the Parkway.
You guys said it was in or near Double Trouble Park. My sister in-law lives in Bayville, way back off of Sylvan Lakes Blvd. Is that near the fire?
I can't remember where the park is in relation to her house.

Mike, where in Beachwood do you live?
I used to live on Beachwood Blvd. between Bowline and Nautilus Streets. We still have friends living on Shell St. and on Beach Ave.

Hope all is ok and the fire doesn't come close.

Uncle Toys 06-04-2002 11:42 AM

Mike - Glad your out of danger. Having your home at risk kind of keeps all this boating stuff in perspective. Good luck with the smell, at least everyone around you has the same problem.