OT: For fear of Being Sued[Part 2]... >

OT: For fear of Being Sued[Part 2]...

Notices

OT: For fear of Being Sued[Part 2]...

Old 06-05-2002, 03:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking OT: For fear of Being Sued[Part 2]...

On a lawnmower I had was a big label which read:
"WARNING WHEN MOTOR IS RUNNING- THE BLADE IS TURNING!"

We once bought a grocery store pizza and the instruction were on the bottom, so we turned it upside down to see how long to cook it etc., and low and behold the first instruction was DO NOT TURN UPSIDE DOWN!

Warning on a curling iron: Do Not Insert Curling Iron Into Any Bodily Orifice…

My bathroom has inadequate ventilation and therefore, develops mold spots in the lower corners. I attempted to purchase a cleaner specifically designed to remove bathroom mold deposits. The directions on the product label stated, "Only use in well ventilated areas."

Seen on the bottom of a Coca-Cola bottle: "Do not open here."

On a bottle of spray paint: "Do not spray in your face."

On a bottle of bathtub cleaner: For best results, start with clean bathtub before use.

On a container of lighter fluid: WARNING: Contents flammable!

On a bottle of hand lotion: Warning: Starts healing skin on contact.

On a box of household nails: CAUTION! - Do NOT swallow nails! May cause irritation!

Microwave popcorn is packaged so that the directions cannot be read unless you open the plastic and unfold it. Direction #1 is Remove plastic.

On a television commercial that says it cleans dentures 4 times better. Below in small print it said "Lab test: (their product) vs. water.

On a television commercial I saw it said they their denture paste was better than any other. BELOW IT, it said in small letters, vs. using no adhesive.

I have a full-face motorcycle helmet with a giant arrow pointing to the front. I can only guess that some idiot put the helmet on backwards, jumped on a bike and hurt himself. This is to protect to manufacturer from future lawsuits.

One day I went to a wall-mart out of state and I went to buy a blow dryer when I read the warnings it said "DO NOT BLOW DRY IN SLEEP"

Seen on the back of a drink bottle label: "Do not peel label off."

On a Band-Aid box: "For serious injuries, seek medical attention."

On a can of powdered infant formula: "Mix with water before serving." Like I'm going to spoon it to my baby dry!

This stupid label was found on a can of Woolite carpet cleaner: "Safe for carpets, too!"

This label was found on the BOTTOM of a box of glass ornaments: "Do not turn upside down."

On a box of Frosted Cheerio's, the logo, "Tastes so good this box never closes," is located just underneath another announcement: "To close: place tab here."

On a plastic orange juice can: "100% pure all-natural fresh-squeezed orange juice from concentrate."

I once saw an ad for some type of contest on a candy bar. The wrapper said "No purchase necessary - Details Inside."

Directions for eating Lunchables Nachos: Dip chips in cheese and salsa.

The golf carts on the course I worked at have warning labels saying, "Not for highway use."

On Clorox Fresh Care: (for cleaning out odors from fabric) "Safe to use in households with pets Warning: Fresh Care is NOT intended to be sprayed directly on pets."

While working at a large medical center in the Midwest, a construction worker was admitted with a large hammer sticking out of his head. Seems he was in an altercation with another gentleman. On the side of the hammer were the words, 'Use protective eyewear.'

On the back of the Pilots seat on NATO AWAC Aircraft (E-3A), is a sign that states: "Seat must be facing forward for take off and landing."

I came upon a bottle of children's cough medicine stating "Caution: May cause drowsiness; do not drive or operate heavy machinery"

On the label of Sterno is a warning that says, "Do not use near fire or flame." Check it out!

Seen on a container of salt:
Warning: High in sodium

Seen on computer instructions: Visit our site for further instructions. http://www.pc.com/pc/instructions.htm

On a hose nozzle there was a warning that said: "Do not spray into electrical outlet."

Seen on an industrial size washer in our local laundry establishment was the (large lettered) sign: "Warning: Do not put any person in this washer."

There is also a stroller on the market with the warning, "Remove child before folding."

I saw a car ad depicting cars driving in the water with fins like sharks. At the end of the ad in small letters it read: "Caution, do not drive underwater"
Old 06-05-2002, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That is some FUNNY SHYT !!

Old 06-05-2002, 03:23 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

You can thank my suit happy bretheren who bring outrageous "failure to warn product liability lawsuits" for the inane warnings you see on many products.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 06-05-2002, 03:23 PM
Registered

Default Here's some more.....UNBELIEVABLE !!

In 1997, Michigan Lawsuit Abuse Watch (M-LAW) began a contest to expose how frivolous lawsuits have led to a new cultural phenomenon: the wacky warning label.

M-LAW, a non-partisan watchdog over the courts, solicited examples of crazy warning labels from around the nation. After hundreds of labels were submitted, M-LAW narrowed down the list to the top five wackiest labels. Then a celebrity panel of judges comprised of popular WJR radio host and Detroit Free Press columnist, Mitch Albom, and his co-hosts, Rachel Nevada and Ken Brown picked the winner. In following years, the winners have been selected by listeners of various radio programs.

Following are the finalists in M-LAW's first three Wacky Warning Label Contests. All of these labels have been verified to ensure authenticity.

Grand Prize Winner: A label with a hair dryer reads, "Never use hair dryer while sleeping"

Other finalists:

A container of underarm deodorant says, "Caution: Do not spray in eyes"

A cardboard car sunshield that keeps sun off the dashboard warns, "Do not drive with sunshield in place"

A unique wind-proof beach towel advises users, "This towel has been tested to withstand significantly strong winds. But please be advised that during a hurricane or other severe weather conditions this product should not be used to secure yourself or anything of value"

A label on a plastic toy helmet used as a container for popcorn at an ice capades event says "Caution: This is not a safety protective device"

Grand Prize Winner: A warning label found on a baby stroller cautions the user to "Remove child before folding"

Other finalists:

A prescription of sleeping pills says, "Warning: May cause drowsiness"

An "Aim-n-Flame" fireplace lighter cautions, "Do not use near fire, flame or sparks"

A label on a hand-held massager advises consumers not to use "while sleeping or unconscious"

A cartridge for a laser printer warns, "Do not eat toner"

Grand Prize Winner: A household iron warns users: "Never iron clothes while they are being worn"

Second Place Winner: A 13-inch wheel on a wheelbarrow warns: "Not intended for highway use"

Third Place Winner: A Holmes Bathroom Heater says: "This product is not to be used in bathrooms"

Runners Up:

A can of self-defense pepper spray warns users: "May irritate eyes"

A brochure promoting the stock of a company whose price had down gone for several months advises potential investors: "there is no guarantee past performance will be indicative of future results "

Grand Prize Winner: A warning on a pair of shin guards manufactured for bicyclists says: "Shin pads cannot protect any part of the body they do not cover."

Second Place Winner: A sticker on a toilet at a public facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan warns: "Recycled flush water unsafe for drinking.

Third Place Wiinner: A label on a personal watercraft (commonly referred to as a jet ski) says: "Warning: Riders of personal watercraft may suffer injury due to forceful injection of water into body cavities either by falling into the water or while mounting the craft."

Runners Up:

A warning on an electric router made for carpenters cautions: "This product not intended for use as a dental drill."

A novelty rock garden set called "Popcorn Rock" includes the warning: "Eating rocks may lead to broken teeth!"
Old 06-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Registered

Talking 65 mph and 900lbs of thrust can do some damage !!!

This one I actually have to agree with...

Originally posted by Risk Taker

Third Place Wiinner: A label on a personal watercraft (commonly referred to as a jet ski) says: "Warning: Riders of personal watercraft may suffer injury due to forceful injection of water into body cavities either by falling into the water or while mounting the craft."

[/B]
Old 06-05-2002, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year I bought a new prop wrench. The guy at the marine store actually told me "It floats, but I wouldn't try it."
Old 06-05-2002, 06:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cast into the explosive side of an Army CLAYMORE mine it reads "POINT THIS SIDE TOWARDS ENEMY".
Wonder how many times someone set up backwards.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Cast into the explosive side of an Army CLAYMORE mine it reads "POINT THIS SIDE TOWARDS ENEMY".
Wonder how many times someone set up backwards.

ONLY ONCE

How about the notice on a chain saw that says don't stop chain with hand.

Or the notice in your cars owners manual about cruise controll that says that you must still steer the car.