Notices

Nyc Poker Run!!!!

Old 06-07-2002, 07:49 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, Liberty landing does have fuel. I believe it's 89 octane tops, though. Haverstraw has a fuel dock also.

http://www.libertylandingmarina.com
Old 06-07-2002, 02:42 PM
mmo jo

Thank you shooter!

Old 06-07-2002, 04:01 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

There are a 2 or 3 fuel stops along the NJ side north of the G.W Bridge. They are at these Small marinas. The price for gas is much less than Liberty , Haverstraw, or Tarry Town. I paid less for gas there than I paid at a pump in NY on the way to the launch. Just to let you know. The Tarry Town marina is just 1/2 mile or so north of the Tapanzee Bridge. I am not sure what octane gas they all sell but I do know That the Haverstraw marina has higher octane. I hope this helps.

Paul
Old 06-07-2002, 04:33 PM
Registered

The marina you are referring to, about 5 miles north of the George Washington bridge, is a NJ state run marina, and therefor has the least expensive gas on the river...but only regular octane.

The next place up the river is the Tappan Zee marina in Piermont, on the NJ side of the river, just south of the TZ bridge, but they only have regular octane as well. there are thre marinas right next to each other, it is one closest to the bridge

The Tarrytown marina just north of the bridge on the NY side also does not have higher octane fuel

Hope this helps
Old 06-07-2002, 05:52 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey MOJO
We went to the NYC PR last year..give me a call and I'll try to answer your questions...

Dan
277-3901
Old 06-07-2002, 06:30 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Anyone know what the chop has been like up there lately?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-07-2002, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Mojo, the double tree is about 2 miles from,liberty and they had a haf-assed car service that you had to wait for but we came by boat.this year we are staying in manhattan and we take the ferry across the hudson and back. bring octane booster enjoy tripps
Old 06-08-2002, 10:07 PM
Bo
Registered

Default NYC Poker run

Any OSO members looking to leave from the upper Hudson river...we are launching out of Catskill at 8am....bound for a rendevous in Newburgh with other fellow OSO members (hopefully) and then heading to the Raft up.

Is 10 am the approx time everyone is in the Newburgh area is leaving???

Thanks
Bo

[email protected]
Old 06-08-2002, 11:45 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Sorry about the food Jen! It's looking more like I will leave the big boat home and run the 13 footer for one more run on the Hudson. So far I have one boat that is willing to hang with me this year. Last year finding myself without anyone around started to make me think twice about this year. When i showed up at Chelsea Piers at the end of the event, not too many people realized I was even running in it. So if something did happen, no one would have known for some time. Perhaps I will ask Billy Frenz to run off a check list as people turn in their cards so they know everyone made it back to port. Afterall, we are talking about a 75 mile stretch. I think I may also pack a cell phone in a ziplock bag and attach it to me. In case the handheld VHF doesn't reach anyone. Better to be over protected then not protected at all.

So where will your boat be Jen? I am counting on you for some great pics.

Old 06-09-2002, 12:29 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Wow! I never took all that into consideration with the cameras. I guess I'll just have to make a few passes at you then before heading North... East side or West?

Quick Reply: Nyc Poker Run!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.