Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Flylevel, what are you moving up to? >

Flylevel, what are you moving up to?

Notices

Flylevel, what are you moving up to?

Old 06-02-2002, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Flylevel, what are you moving up to?

I think I read that you sold your boat, what's next? Saw pics of your old Check on the Check forum, that was a sweet looking boat
Old 06-02-2002, 11:03 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, I rode in and drove a 28 Pantera at LOTO. Dude, you NEED one of those bad boys!!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 07:52 AM
flylevel

BGII
I really miss my old boat, that color combination made that a really sweet looking boat!! But it was time to move up. I have been looking at or (searching for) a 28 ft boat. I would like to get a Pantera or an Active Thunder. Their are others that would consider: This are some of the things that I'm going for:

1) single motor.
2) good hull construction.
3) good rough water boat.
4) approx 625 hp.
5) 80+ mph
6) good resale value.
7) good colors. nobody likes trendy colors. My old boat was a 1990 and still looked great. The colors were awsome.
8) I don't want to see alot of them around. You see way too many of certain brands sometimes. I think this distroys resale!!

I'm open to suggestions, well maybe!!LOL

Old 06-03-2002, 02:24 PM
flylevel

Too Old
I take it you have something other than a Pantera now? What could I really expect with a 28 ft Pantera with approx 600hp? I would like to be able to run in the 80's and still keep alot of relability in the motor. It seems that I run across alot of guys throwing major HP at a deep V boat and only running in the 80's as long as they are in really smooth water or a little chop. I don't intend to run 80 mph in 3-4 ft waves, but I would like to handle them. I'm not out to break the boat or to do crazy things and really slam it, but when the time comes I will run some what hard. One of the reasons I picked Pantera is because I think that I don't need to put 700-800 hp in the motor to get to run 80 mph, I thought that it has a little better bottom end to help out. I'm off on any of this?

Old 06-03-2002, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Fly level,

Thank you for your interest in our line of boats.I build our 28 in two versions with Single power.One is the full pleasure set up with a full cabin and a standard cockpit interior consisting of 2 man bolsters,back bench,and a sunpad.

The other version is our F1- poker run edition which has a half cabin,5-6 man bolster,removed cockpit liner with a lowered floor,and a race dash.This model weighs approximately 900 pounds lighter and will increase speed by 7-8 MPH with same power.

To run a real 80-82 MPH in a full pleasure set up it takes a real 600 HP.With the F1 model a 500 EFI will get you 80 MPH.

I have a few members from this site with single power 28s running in the 80s with full pleasure versions.The one listed in my website with a single 600 EFI Innovation is running 83 MPH on GPS.He is a member from this site.I am also building Von Bongo a 28 now with a 575 SC Merc. with ITS System and expecting speed in the 80 MPH range.

Just so you can get an idea last week I delivered a 28 with a 750 Blower in the F1 model and got 97 MPH and customer is adding more power to run 100 MPH.

If I can answer any questions for you please feel free to call me or Email me at [email protected].

Thanks, JO- Pantera
Old 06-03-2002, 06:39 PM
flylevel

Jo;
Thanks for the info. I would want to have the 28 ft in the pleasure version (I think). I don't want a sink or frig. but I do want to stay on the boat over nite. I will look at the on your
web-site to check out the used 28ft you have. Do you have any brochures? I will be Emailing you on some other questions. I would like to find someone in the Mich. area that has one. Do you know of any custumers in this area? I will travel if I have to. I'm planning on going to the world's this year in the Keys's, so I want to drop by your facility. Thanks again I will keep in touch!!