Fountain factory - Concluded >

Fountain factory - Concluded

Notices

Fountain factory - Concluded

Old 06-03-2002, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Fountain factory - Concluded

Well I drove to North Carolina (from Wisconsin) to pick-up my boat.

Since my last post I have been working with Wyatt Fountain and Steve Harrellson (never did hear back from Jeff Harris) and things have been great!

I have been getting an update every other day about the progress. They completed every item on the work order on time including the extra non-warranty items I asked for. They were ready for me when I arrived on Friday afternoon. We inspected the boat and I have to say it looked like a brand new boat. After the work was done they went and detailed everything including replacing upholstery and painting the bilge, I was impressed.

After the inspection Steve gave me a factory tour while they were shrink wraping the boat. Steve walked me through every step of the building process from the molds to the rigging to the upolstery shop. I notced the prop lab was behind lock and key and they would not let me in there- heheheh... Then we wend to the docks and Steve let me craw around to 48 and the 65 foot super criusers - cool.

After the tour we went to settle-up on the bill. I expected to pay since I had some extra work done (bottom work ). Steve said he and Wyatt felt bad about my experience and said "NO CHARGE". I was pleased to say the least.

Trailered the boat back to Chicago to put the engines back in. I'll be on lake Michigan next Saturday.

In conclusion ; the workmanship at the factory was above my expectations. There was never any hassle about getting the warranty work approved (and this is 1998 boat). And I loved the factory tour. I had a great experience. I would consider another Fountain.

If only Harris could have better communicated to me, the negatives would have never been an issue. They did recognize my issue and compensated for it.

P.S. 5 Fountain Cats on the line all sold, 7 48" Cruisers in all stages of production, and the new 34' center consol fishing boat were too numerous to count. They were busy.

Again I'd like to thank the board for advising me. You guys were a big help. I'll see you at the Oshkosh Poker Run
Old 06-03-2002, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

THANK GOD -- NOW GET THAT BOAT ON THE WATER.
Old 06-03-2002, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Joe what do you think helped you the Most! Mr. Attorney or the OSO Board?? And have a safe boating season

Best Regards
Old 06-03-2002, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Joe,
I am so glad that it worked out for you. I really think, or would like to think, that the power of the OSO community had something to do with the results. Anyway Congrats-
Old 06-03-2002, 08:38 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good news!
Have a great summer, maybe we'll see you on the lake.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:47 PM
Coddigtion

Congrats joe!

Old 06-03-2002, 08:48 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's great to hear! Nuff said
Old 06-03-2002, 08:48 PM
Registered

Joe, Thats great news!

Let's hope the next person doesn't have to go through what you did.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:52 PM
Registered

Default Thank God!

I am very happy to hear about the boat and how they made it right with you. I just purchased my first (of many I hope) Fountain. I was more than a little worried about warrenty issues if I ever have a problem. Its great to know that they handled it the right way. From what I hear things are tough at Fountain right now but hearing this tells me things are on the right track and will get better. Congrats on having the boat back!

Ron
Old 06-03-2002, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Joe, Congratulations and I'm sure no one from Fountain can feel bad about your post after reading the update and the fact you took the time to show a good faith response, rather than just leaving a bad taste in everyones mouth about Fountain. Good Job and enjoy the season>> Safe Boating! I still think Jeff Harris still owes you an apology and a response. Mark B.

Quick Reply: Fountain factory - Concluded

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.