Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Kentucky Lake Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25782-kentucky-lake-poker-run.html)

bajamag 06-07-2002 09:38 PM

I will be there in new 28 profile cat if it gets here on time:( also i know of 5 other boat that are going. should be a good time, it was last year especially if you win 1st place:D i wonder if lightning will strike twice:eek: :D

boatinbill 06-08-2002 10:47 AM

The Poker Run is great, I have participated for both the previous years as well as the last two Lake Cumberland Runs. The lake is great, the poker run is well run (Roger and Billy know how to do it right), the food is great and so are the poeple and party in the evening.

For those thinking of making it a one day trip. I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you stay at least Saturday night so that you can attend the party and awards. There are plenty of rooms available close to KY Dam State park where the run starts and the party is, both on and off the water. Sunday is also fun as many of the Poker Runners end up in the "Pit" for an informal rafting party before heading home.

Hope to see many OSO'rs there this year.

Boating Fool, try to keep that cat below 100 so us deep v'rs can at least stay in eye shot.

Mama Tryed, hope your bringing your boat and not that one with the "big motors":cool:

Boating Fool 06-09-2002 02:36 AM

boatinbill,

I don't think that will be a problem. We'll probably hang to the back a little more and make a nice run out of it. I think the king of the pr this year will be a 36 skater with major power that has been lurking around the lake if he is in it. Supposed to run in the 160s according to the fella when I talked to him.

h2owarrior 06-09-2002 12:15 PM

I really hope this guy steers clear of me as he passes:D It scares the crap out of me to be running at my boats limit and have another boat (double my speed) blow by me 25-50 feet away:eek: I am impressed by the speed, but don't like to see it quite that close. After all, I am not racing:rolleyes: Him anyway.

Boating Fool 06-09-2002 02:58 PM

From what he told me, he has not gone past 120. I remember hearing of some cats last year running around 100-110. There is a couple of Vs also that are high 90s.

Cutwater 06-11-2002 03:25 AM

Guess it's a good thing I looked back a couple of pages, I would have missed this post, and never known about this poker run! Looking foward to it, even though we will be the smallest, slowest and likely to be the worst navigated boat there! (23' Cobalt - twin 260's)

Bussell 06-11-2002 11:52 PM

Cutwater you will be fine. The lake is large enough to
handle us and then some. Anyone needing room phone
Roger @ 859-221-3697:D

Cutwater 06-12-2002 02:01 AM

Thanks Roger, I will mail in my registration this week. How many boats are you expecting?

Bussell 06-12-2002 10:05 AM

between 60 and 100

Reindl Powerboats 06-13-2002 10:08 AM

We will be there with a few 24s and maybe even a 28. First time for the event, look for one of our race teams, Fountain Ditect.com.
Chris Reindl