Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
High Performance as a Dive Boat??? >

High Performance as a Dive Boat???

Notices

High Performance as a Dive Boat???

Old 06-03-2002, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Performance as a Dive Boat???

I always get dumb looks from people when I tell them that sometimes I use my cig as a dive boat. Granted its not intended to be and gear takes up alot of space but people act like ime stupid for doing it or something. So out of curriosity who else on this board uses a speed boat for recreational scuba??
Old 06-03-2002, 11:12 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I dove off mine once. Never again!!! Luckily I have a buddy that has a boat that is much more suited to the task. I know that Nickslick has done a number of dives off his. You just have to be to damn carefull and it was to stressfull.

Jon
Old 06-03-2002, 11:17 PM
Registered

What do you mean damn carefull and to stressfull?
Old 06-03-2002, 11:19 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Had to be carefull not to bang the tanks off anything, climbing out near the drives was not all that safe with the sharp props and all. Then getting the equipment up and on the boat and in with out scratching anything and making a mess. The stress was doing all that and hoping that nothing bad happened.

Jon
Old 06-03-2002, 11:30 PM
Registered

True!! I ripped the leg wide open on a new DUI dry suit on one of my cleaver props. OOOHHHHH!!!!! talk about pissed
Old 06-04-2002, 01:53 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i've done it a few times. The boat is a mess no mater how careful you are. Also I dive with integrated weights and its a ***** to climb up the tiny ladder with a BC full of 36lbs of lead with a 1/4" wetsuit.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:00 AM
Registered

We just finished up our confined dives Saturday, and do our final open water dives in about 3 weeks in Moorea. Don't know if I'll do a lot of diving off my boat in Lake Pleasant Too many old trees to grab ya!!!

Craig
Old 06-04-2002, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

My wife and I dive off our Velocity 280, no problem.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:01 AM
Wild Horses

When we travelled down to Florida, Miss Wild Horses and I went diving on the USS Dwaine (100’ penetration dive) off the coast of Key Largo with Intolerant1 holding down the fort above with a bevy in hand. It was a blast. Sure the boat was a mess but it was one of the highlights of the vacation.
We were certified in Lake Simcoe on Nov. 23rd a few years ago and took the boat to the dive. The water was 38 degrees and we surfaced in the middle of a snowstorm (6mm suites) to find the boat with an inch of snow covering everything. That was one cold ride home.

Old 06-04-2002, 09:07 AM
Registered

You got some big kahunas or a high tolerence for cold water. I freeze in 45degree water in a 6.5 two peice. Thank god for dry suits

Quick Reply: High Performance as a Dive Boat???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.