Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Now I know why some peoples boats are just sitting! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/258235-now-i-know-why-some-peoples-boats-just-sitting.html)

T-RAV 07-17-2011 04:41 PM

Now I know why some peoples boats are just sitting!

So I call on a couple of baja 25 outlaws today. One of them the lady said its not her boat someone messed the phone number. The next one I called the lady picked up the phone and just said hold please, and then hung up on me. I then called a guy and he said something I couldn't understand and then I swear I heard snoring. Sorry If Im trying to sell something Im a little more on point than this. Sorry I just needed to vent!

BBADWS6 07-17-2011 05:50 PM

You have got to love the unmotivated seller!

ROOSTER 22 07-18-2011 06:59 AM

I have a friend who is wanting to sell his 2005 25 Outlaw, i don't think he will fall a sleep if you call him.

soldier4402 07-18-2011 07:13 AM

i see more due to pricing than anything. dealers seem to be worse. Ive shopped for a year or two for my boat and dealers would not budge on boats. Understand they have certain money in them, but it also cost time and money to store and up keep them.

T-RAV 07-19-2011 02:28 AM

Ya I couldn't believe the guy was actually snoring! I thought he had said hold on, and then I heard it. I put the phone on speaker so my wife could hear, she says yep thats sounds just like you!!:grinser010: What kind of money is your friend looking for on his baja, pm if you would like.

ROOSTER 22 07-19-2011 07:01 AM

T-RAV, the boat is on boats.com, it is the one from Champaign, Illinois.

soonenough 07-19-2011 08:34 AM

Dealers are just as bad. I have tried for the last 2 days to get ahold of one about a boat they have forsale and cannot get anyone to even answer the phone!

soldier4402 07-19-2011 11:19 AM

Like i said ones that are crazy prized sit, to many boats on the market way below value right now to sit there and mess with somebody that wont call back or wont budge on price

JD Dearden 07-19-2011 11:29 AM

I recently bought a Nordic. When I was shopping about a month ago I called a guy selling a Heat, he told me to give him a day to get it cleaned up because it just had a new motor put in....So I head down to see it and the thing was a huge disaster. Grease everywhere, dirt, dust, and everything else you can think of.

He did have a dyno sheet that he kept talking about though.

Captain YARRR 07-19-2011 01:26 PM

I think I'm just going to wait until February, anyone who is trying to sell in the winter will be really aware of how rare someone calling on their performance boat is.

I've been seeing people trying to sell early 2000 Nordics for the prices I saw 2006 Nordics going for last winter. I'd love a new boat, but not that badly.