Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
To name names, or not to name names, that is the question. >

To name names, or not to name names, that is the question.

Notices

To name names, or not to name names, that is the question.

Old 06-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually there was a fourth guy I told. He is planning on having work done after I referred him there before this all started. I did not tell him not to go through with it, but I did tell him I was not happy. Also one of the mechanics is on the board so he probably recognized the situation and told his boss.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ken, I rember reading this before, and I'll admit, it pissed me off too, butI feel that them taking care of this for you is very commendable, and yes it is frustrating as hell to miss out on any boating time, but that's how things go sometimes. The motors will be new, and matched, dyno'ed and now porting the heads, they will be better than ever. When you get the boat back, and look at it in hindsight, it's not too bad, but I understand your point. It sounds like you chose a great performance marina to use, most wouldn't admit fault like that. They have done the right thing in my mind, just not on your time frame, which is always how motor rebiulds go, especially at this time of year.

The mechanic learned a valuable lesson, as did the marina and alot of us on the board about silent choice and supercharged motors. I would bet the marina makes it very clear to any future mechanics to not make this same mistake, I'm sure it put a nice dent in thier wallet for this simple mistake. I hope you get it back soon, and hang in there, everything will be O.K.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Advantage_Rob,

Your absolutely right! Well said. But it is not costing me a dime except for the head work and valve upgrade.
Old 06-04-2002, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Not a dime????

aaaahem ....you dont have a boat and now you have two rebuilds??? sounds like it it's costing you a fortune but you havn't admited it to yourself yet. Relax, we have all been there. When your working with incompetant marine service companies. You figure ...I'll be nice ...maybe they'll do an extra good job. yeah right

Ken .. It's JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they were serious about your situation you would have blown up those rebuilds by now...

halfway kidding. Your getting screwed here buddy.

Maximus

Last edited by Maximus; 06-04-2002 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

From what I read they haven't done anything yet. You don't have a boat or engines. Don't feel good untill the boat is back in your possession with running engines.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

Ken,
I was getting scared there for a min. I was the 3rd. And I can tell you it wasn't me! I just hope you get this resolved so we can have some Bud's at Claudio's