FYI - Ford Discontinues Excursion

Notices

FYI - Ford Discontinues Excursion

Old 06-05-2002, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That would suck!

I would hate to see it go, just because it's cool looking and can actually perform heavy-duty tasks while being somewhat reserved.

However...The Minivan / SD Truck combo aspect of it probably isn't that big of a market and it seems to be a compromise of both worlds. One could just as easily get their old lady a minivan for soccer practice or a SD 'Truck' for those hauling and HD tasks.

I'm sorry, there are just way too many housewives driving around 4-ton vehicles, consuming 9mpg worth of fuel just to go pick up some groceries while mauling every other vehicle within reach and causing a pile-up of other cars waiting for the beast to fit into the parking spaces after the 12th attempt.

I've never seen one more than a few weeks old without some kind of scratches or scuff marks at the grocery store...Think of all the other cars out there that have matching war wounds.

Hey catman...Are you with us or against us?
Old 06-05-2002, 08:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff - that commercial with the 3rd row power seats is for the Expedition.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:51 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

good one phantom

Jon
Old 06-05-2002, 08:55 AM
mlitefan

"If they stopped making SUVs, we wouldn't have to drill for oil in Alaska"

oh brother...

Yep...that makes sense...not...

Old 06-05-2002, 09:08 AM
Brad Perry

Default I suppose we

Should just all be good humans and put a bullet in our heads so that the dung beatles in ANWR can live an hour longer.

Jes&%S Chr&*st! We drive the most inefficent vehicles on earth (boats) for pure pleasure! (at least those of us here that HAVE a boat) I guess we should make up for it by towing them with our children's bigwheel.

How the hell can that make sense?

Last edited by Brad Perry; 06-05-2002 at 09:11 AM.

Old 06-05-2002, 09:15 AM
BlueMoon

Old 06-05-2002, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a chevy guy but I would still hate to see the "X" go away!! When it comes to towing something large and room from the family I would think it would be the only way to go!! Until Chevy has the duramax in the Suburban. But still the chevy isn't as heavy duty as the Ford.

A 3/4 Ton 4x4 with a Powerstroke would be awsome!! I have been trying to talk the wife into one!! But, then she would be one of those chick's at Wal-Mart that take 15min. to park like Puder said!! But at least no one would get in her way!!
Old 06-05-2002, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hey, wouldn't that " BIG WHEEL " be alittle unstable..

Why not get one of those little mini kiddie electric big foot trucks, it would probably be a little more stable than the 3 wheeled big wheel.. just a thought

Originally posted by Brad Perry

Jes&%S Chr&*st! We drive the most inefficent vehicles on earth (boats) for pure pleasure! (at least those of us here that HAVE a boat) I guess we should make up for it by towing them with our children's bigwheel.

Old 06-05-2002, 09:48 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The commercials are for the new and improved Expedition.

The local dealer had one of the new ones in stock. He says Ford decided to improve and make the Expedition larger and do away with the Excursion. The bean counters are at work here! It is a bottom line thing. I think if more women actually liked the BIG Excursion like my wife does, it would be the hottest seller out there. But being longer and taller than the Chevy Sub the women usually do not like them according to the dealer.

I may check out the deals and get another on myself with the powerstroke.

Yeah Baby.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:54 AM
jr

Puder, tell that to my wife. She would probably rip you a new one. Alot of the women drive them because there aren't too many SUV's that have enough room to do what they need. Mini vans arent cool, never were, and never will be. An Expedition is too small to haul kids, and other stuff. Not to mention my boat. That was the best all around vehicle ever done. If people have problems parking them, its because their dumb asses. The thing drives just like my F-150 extended cab. Which was her's before the X.

If anyone was to look around there are more than you might think. Police, and fire departments love them. They tow alot and you can take stuff with you too, and not have to strap it to the roof. I think the real reason that they are going away is that Bill Jr. is getting pressure from his enviromental friends because of the "poor" milage. In their eyes anyway. My PSD gets better milage than my F-150 5.4L.

Gotta love special interest groups.

Quick Reply: FYI - Ford Discontinues Excursion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.