Old 06-06-2002, 11:38 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the price tag on a diesel X 4x4?
Old 06-06-2002, 11:48 AM
HavasuCat

Cat,

We ordered my G/F's Suburban with 4 captains chairs, and now Ford offers the same on the Excursion.

BTW: What is the towing capacity on a van, and how does the wheel base compare?

Old 06-06-2002, 11:52 AM
jr

David, I paid 36K for my 2002 4x4 PSD XLT X. Sticker was 40,200 plus tax. That 36 is including 6% sales tax. I also get an employee discount. The only option I got was the PSD and towing mirrors.

Old 06-06-2002, 12:50 PM
Registered

i'd probably go with a van if they had a 4X4...i used to have a full size high topper i did my pullin with but one day on a moss grown ramp what i needed changed forever.
Old 06-06-2002, 08:55 PM
Registered

Default This is for you van guys

I've seen a few Ford E350 conversion vans that were 4x4 and had the PSD.
I remember the first time I saw one at a stoplight. I look over and see this van (windows with curtains and all) but I hear the sound of a diesel. Well I start to check it out and it's a 350 4x4 . it was way cool !
I then saw another one towing a snowmobile trailer in the winter time.
Old 06-06-2002, 08:57 PM
Registered

Why is it when someone has an agenda to kill something (large SUV's) they cannot just come out and say it. Instead they come up with this rediculous argument about the size of SUV's and cars and that it is killing people. If they are so worried about the size differential of the vehicles on todays roads, why don't they come out against 18 wheelers. Now that is size differental. Class 6 and class 8 trucks afford more opportunity for death when in an accident with a car than any SUV made. Any car or SUV that tangles with a SEMI truck, loaded or unloaded, will loose.

Just come out and say that you do not not want other people driving around in something you do not approve of and stop hiding behind a fictitious "safety" concern.
Old 06-06-2002, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Spoken like a true Peorian!
Old 06-06-2002, 10:06 PM
XTRM22

Thumbs up

I remember when there was discussion with the insurance companies that they would charge more money on full size extra cab trucks and suv's because they were so much more likely to do damage to any passenger class vehicle they tangled with. I thought they were insane, if someone is afraid of the damage I may do to them in my F350 tell em to stay outa my way or get more insurance for themselves, I pay for plenty of my own. I'm not sure what a "Peorian" is but I agree with H2oWarrior 100%, now where'd I put that beer.
Chuck

Old 06-07-2002, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Now lemme get this straight...

Cat, you're saying that you want al the SUV's off the road, but it would be great if everyone drove 1 TON, 4x4 diesel vans all over the place? With no window area so you can't see that little jap crap you just rolled over?
Now that makes perfect sense...........not.

Oh yeah, I forgot those things HAVE to get great mileage
Old 06-07-2002, 05:56 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Default Hell, I work at the plant and that's news to me...

Although I'm just a lowly software engineer, and I'm not usually the first to know these things. I was talking to a friend who is a process engineer in the proveout area, and he did mention the new 5sp auto and the new diesel motor, but did not mention anything about the X being discontinued. I would think that that would be pretty big news around the plant.

Quick Reply: FYI - Ford Discontinues Excursion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.