FYI - Ford Discontinues Excursion

Notices

FYI - Ford Discontinues Excursion

Old 06-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FYI - Ford Discontinues Excursion

Just got back from the local Ford dealer and they tell me that the Excursion has been discontinued due to poor sales.

I hate to hear this because it is one of the best all around vehicles I have ever owned.

If you have ever considered one, better get it before they are gone.

Guess I had better make mine last, I doubt anyone will make one that big again.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW ,that sucks ! I'll have to ask my guy about that tomorrow ! For the first time ever ,I just today considered buying an SUV and it would ONLY be the BIG "X" ! HOpe it's not true .........
Old 06-04-2002, 09:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mine's leased - I guess I'll be buying it out when it's up. If they were still producing them at that time, I'd have no second thoughts about getting another one.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard that rumor last december.. Makes no sense that they keep adding some many different upgrade trim levels. This the
second i have owned... there GREAT!!!
2002 PSD 4x4 No Bounderies Ultimate Limited
Attached Thumbnails FYI - Ford Discontinues Excursion-excur.jpg  
Old 06-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Coddigtion

Thank good ness I saw this. I was getting ready to make a move on one. I think that I am going to have to stay with the suburban now.

Old 06-04-2002, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I may have to update my 2K to 2002 before they do this- how unfortunate for them to discontinue! After Suburbans, F250's, & F350's, I think this is the ultimate vehicle!

Nice Ultimate PPRace! Do they offer that in white as well? I saw one like yours in Pompano at the dealership when I was picking up my AT in April, it was 4X2 though. Beautiful truck!
Jim
Old 06-05-2002, 01:18 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i am kind of glad they are discontinuing that thing!!! (sorry guys) to many housewives (self proclaimed "queens of the road") around where i live have them and just can't drive them. A few days ago i watched soemone try to park one. I had just gotten mylunch at teh deli and was in my car i was abotu to drive off when i noticed them. Ni joke it took 10 minutes and she must have backed up and pulled forward 15 times. Best off when she finally "parked it" she was 3 feet from the curb.

can you say "require a CDL"

Also that "car" is NOT a daily driver. If you have farm or a construction site and tools you need to move aroudn fine. If you have a boat to haul or a race car fine. But when it's used only for going to starbucks and PTA meetings that is just a waste of gas. A normal sized vehichle will do.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:35 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by catmando
If they stopped making SUVs, we wouldn't have to drill for oil in Alaska.
We don't have to use all the oil in Alaska. We just need to drill so it's there IF and when we need it. I tow wrecked cars everyday and if you VALUE your family you better get them out of those little sh&t boxs they call cars. We own 2 Suburbans and we wouldn't settle for anything less. We know 2 famiies that have lost a small child in a accident because they were driving a small car And in the 25 years of driving, both of these trucks get more MPG than anything else I have ever owned in the past. I'm sure it's a sad day for the Ford fans.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:33 AM
Registered

Sometimes.................they don't seem BIG enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails FYI - Ford Discontinues Excursion-x.jpg  
Old 06-05-2002, 07:40 AM
Registered

Originally posted by catmando
If they stopped making SUVs, we wouldn't have to drill for oil in Alaska.
Safety has to be a big priority when hauling the family around. Plus, it never hurts to have an extra vehicle around thats capable of hauling the boat. I'll stick with the big vehicles thank you... Just got rid of the Suburban and down graded to a Yukon

Last edited by Playn; 06-05-2002 at 07:45 AM.

Quick Reply: FYI - Ford Discontinues Excursion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.