Notices

Livorsi Marine

Old 07-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
RE,
I'm in the same boat myself, (No pun intended!), and I talked with Todd, sent him a email pic of my speedo, and Todd replied, with the same options, I called him and I'm going to go the same route as you. Just got to find time to get it out of the boat and up to Todd @ Livorsi.
Dean

Ship it directly to Todd. That's what I did and he turned it around in less than two days. Todd would have recieved it thursday around 10 am, had to have shipped it back out by late afternoon on friday for me to get it back by 10 am on monday. I was impressed!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Livorsi

Thanks for all the great comments. We try very hard here at Livorsi to give the best customer service possible.

502SS you need to send the DataTach PropSlip guage back
for a software update

Mike Livorsi
Old 07-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boat has livorsi gauges. The speedo is a old water pickup Guage I think. It has never worked since I bought the boat (2001) model. What is involved with replacing it with a new livorsi GPS. I see them on several pictures, and I like the way they look. Guage looks like it is the same size as the old one, but where do you have to place the antenna?
Old 07-31-2011, 07:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
So often on here we see the threads where someone is not satisfied with the service they have recieved from a marine supplier. This one is just the opposite!!!

My Livorsi GPS speedo took a dump a couple weeks ago, just would not read. Called Livorsi for some guidance thinking I had fallen to the dead antenna battery syndrome last tuesday. Had two return calls from their tech guys the same day. Returned a call to Todd Zirzow, he explained in simple terms, the options to correct the problem and recomended that I just send him the speedo and let him take care of the rewire and go with the new antenna that does not need a battery. Stated he could do a reman antenna but that in time I would be in the same position again. Thought about it overnight, decided to do as he had recomended. So here's the deal.

Sent the speedo to Todd's attention by UPS overnight on wednesday afternoon last week, would have put it on his desk by 10 AM on thursday morning. I enclosed a check to cover the new antenna, rewire cost and the estimated cost of the overnight back to me. My best hope here was to have it back by the end of this week and back in the boat by this weekend. I did say hoped, not expected or promised. Todd said to get it to him and he would do his best to get it turned around and back to me.

Sitting at my desk this morning when in walks the man in the brown outfit. Hands me the box from Livorsi, inside is my speedo, all rewired for the enclosed new antenna!

This is the ultimate in customer service, Thank you Todd!!!

What's the point here? Simple! There are still guys / companies out there that can and are willing service your needs and in my opinion Livorsi Marine is for sure one of them!!!
I had the same experiance w/Todd great customer service sent our speedo out to them on Monday had it on my desk on Thursday! its rare that someone does what they say they will do,,, These guys came threw!!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mackattack
My boat has livorsi gauges. The speedo is a old water pickup Guage I think. It has never worked since I bought the boat (2001) model. What is involved with replacing it with a new livorsi GPS. I see them on several pictures, and I like the way they look. Guage looks like it is the same size as the old one, but where do you have to place the antenna?
on top of the dash with no obstruction to the sky.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great customer service- too bad they don't stand behind the battery issue from when it was new. I still believe if you are going to put out a product (GPS Speedo) that will only work for 1-2 years because of design, when a fix comes along you shouldn't expect your customers to pay for a new battery which will only last for another year or so. I believe it has caused a lot of bad feelings on here and in the high performance boat community, just do a search for Livorsi GPS battery problems and there is quite the response. They took a million dollar gamble by charging $75 or so on a poorly designed product, and it seems a lot of people that were complaining about it now appreciate them doing the right thing. Mine still doesn't work and needs a new battery, one of these days ill get around to just wiring it to my GPS so I dont have to worry about it anymore. Hopefully their handling of your situation, along with the economy bouncing back slightly, will result in a great company again.