Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone know this outboard cat on L.I. ? >

Anyone know this outboard cat on L.I. ?

Notices

Anyone know this outboard cat on L.I. ?

Old 07-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Great job on the rigging! Looks good... It is nice to someone doing a first class job.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GEORGE YURICK
Hey I rigged that boat....Owners name is Matt....post up the pics and i will forward this to him....
Originally Posted by Pure Energy
What's up Gary. I was thinking about making a move but decided to stick with my Superboat. I heard the lower on the port side always blow, don't handle 3-4s too well, and if your not running 80+ they ride like crap. And the insurance is double.
George, You did a great job rigging the boat!

Pure Energy, I run mine against everything of comporable size, as well as much larger, big $ V-bottoms, in 3-4s, and am virtually always at the front. I have had some of these big $ V-bottom owners, come up to me after an event, and ask how I was running so well and flat, when they were all over the place. I will never go back to V-bottoms (and I previously owned the best of the best V-bottom).

FYI: I have found that the boat does not like a following sea, but virtually anything else, it runs extremly well.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
http://www.nationalpowerboat.com/OSb...ic/index5.html

he was NOT on the poker run last Saturday but still was in the pics!!!
Funny, I saw the boat too (nice looking little Skater!!!) and made a point to look for him later but never saw him again... So he was just hanging for a while?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
George, You did a great job rigging the boat!

Pure Energy, I run mine against everything of comporable size, as well as much larger, big $ V-bottoms, in 3-4s, and am virtually always at the front. I have had some of these big $ V-bottom owners, come up to me after an event, and ask how I was running so well and flat, when they were all over the place. I will never go back to V-bottoms (and I previously owned the best of the best V-bottom).

FYI: I have found that the boat does not like a following sea, but virtually anything else, it runs extremly well.
I've never ridden in a cat so I'm going on what I was told by a cat owner. I'd love to switch to outboards and more speed and it seems cat is the way to go for that. Guess I need some seat time!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Funny, I saw the boat too (nice looking little Skater!!!) and made a point to look for him later but never saw him again... So he was just hanging for a while?
this is ken...
yes..we went by him(30 Skater) after we made the "pass' thru Plum Gut..
we looked at that Skater at Ocean Outboard..
cats is a following sea??..
you better know what you are doing!!!
Attached Thumbnails Anyone know this outboard cat on L.I. ?-img_7187.jpg  
Old 07-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't seen the boat around but I'd love to, that's a gorgeous boat!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

Ocean Outboard had at least 3 of the 30's..
Attached Thumbnails Anyone know this outboard cat on L.I. ?-19434_1.jpg   Anyone know this outboard cat on L.I. ?-19434_4.jpg   Anyone know this outboard cat on L.I. ?-19434_9.jpg  

Anyone know this outboard cat on L.I. ?-19434_7.jpg   Anyone know this outboard cat on L.I. ?-p9280076.jpg  
Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Pure Energy, I run mine against everything of comporable size, as well as much larger, big $ V-bottoms, in 3-4s, and am virtually always at the front. I have had some of these big $ V-bottom owners, come up to me after an event, and ask how I was running so well and flat, when they were all over the place.
Frank and I run together during most of the runs and we have suprised a few of the big vee bottoms over the last few years! Looking forward to doing it again this year! I personally can't think of a more fun boat to drive than a 30 to 32 cat with outboards.

BTW this 30 Skater in this thread looks awsome! great rigging job!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Ocean Outboard had at least 3 of the 30's..
Wow, i see in the background of your first pic he still has that 30' checkmate. He had that thing 2 or 3 years ago at the Battle on The Bay...
Old 07-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Registered

one more...
Attached Thumbnails Anyone know this outboard cat on L.I. ?-1645127_4.jpg   Anyone know this outboard cat on L.I. ?-1645127_2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.