Boatless for LOTO shootout

Notices

Boatless for LOTO shootout

Old 07-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boatless for LOTO shootout

My Wife & I along with another couple are thinking about heading down to the Shootout by car. I have been there once before but we took a boat so we could see the runs & stayed at the Tan Tar A, Is there a better place to stay thats closer? & I heard there is a charter boat you will take you out to watch the runs, is this any good? Last time we were there, it was held at Shooters, Is Captain Rons a better spectator viewing point? Appreciate any suggestions... is it even worth going without a boat? or possible to rent a pontoon boat
Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The one bad thing about Capt. Rons is that you can only watch the runs on TV. It's an awesome set up and the docks are nice but not good if you're a spectator.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

there are large cruisers that take people out to watch the shootout, you could get on one of those, theya all leave from captain rons - he also has a large pirate ship he takes out

you will be OK going by car
Old 07-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wild
there are large cruisers that take people out to watch the shootout, you could get on one of those, theya all leave from captain rons - he also has a large pirate ship he takes out

you will be OK going by car
You can also get tickets to watch on the Celebration that shuttles from Cpt. Rons.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Randy!

How have you been? Are you going to the St. Clair River Classic Offshore Powerboat Race this weekend at the City of St. Clair or the Port Huron/Sarnia International Offshore Powerboat Race next weekend?

Andy
Old 07-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Post over on Midwestboatparty.com as we get closer. I suspect there will be some boats with some space open on them. Good bunch of folks that like to share "thier" lake.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Hi Randy!

How have you been? Are you going to the St. Clair River Classic Offshore Powerboat Race this weekend at the City of St. Clair or the Port Huron/Sarnia International Offshore Powerboat Race next weekend?

Andy
Doing great, we've been having a great summer, we've been out every weekend thus far, best weather weve had in years, really enjoying the 42, we may make it out to St Clair River not 100%, there's alot going on this weekend, Sounds like we may hit the Shootout! Do any of these boats sell beer or can you bring a cooler?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
Doing great, we've been having a great summer, we've been out every weekend thus far, best weather weve had in years, really enjoying the 42, we may make it out to St Clair River not 100%, there's alot going on this weekend, Sounds like we may hit the Shootout! Do any of these boats sell beer or can you bring a cooler?
http://www.cruiselake.com/shootout.html
Finish line seat, buffet and drinks
Old 07-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32

Randy, it sounds like you are putting that new boat to good use. If you make it to St. Clair, I have a table at the Voyageur under the tent, stop by.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Registered

I perfer to go by car. I enjoy spending the time on the docks more so than watching the runs. The hardware at the docks is unreal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.