Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it! >

Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!

Notices

Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as its a single doesn't matter what size it is. I know Cats are by far the fastest and am loving all the feedback, but think everyone is narrowing it down to V-bottom now. Have a story to tell?

Originally Posted by Rik
Is there a size limit to this question?
Old 08-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do I win a prize?
Attached Thumbnails Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!-arn.jpg  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Registered

Sure!! That is a sweet ride!! Tell us more about it!

Originally Posted by Rik
Do I win a prize?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Registered

V hull-Pro charged 1995-1994? I believe 25 eagle 598 ci 114 mph without hydraulic steering. Very stupid but it was before many were pushing them that hard would strip the steering post. Put hydraulic on it and sold it new owner was so afraid he slowed it way down. Bob leach said he had never heard of one even coming close to that speed it literally would run out of hull very scary trying to slow down. It ran for many years with that motor never being touched finally blew when the fuel pump wire came off while wide open. Have to see if I can find some pics of it and the motor.

27 daytona motor in avatar 127mph not the fastest but ran hard if you could keep a drive alive in it.

Does our old Sanger hydro count?

Last edited by B BOATER; 08-02-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by B BOATER
V hull-Pro charged 1995-1994? I believe 25 eagle 598 ci 114 mph without hydraulic steering. Very stupid but it was before many were pushing them that hard would strip the steering post. Put hydraulic on it and sold it new owner was so afraid he slowed it way down. Bob leach said he had never heard of one even coming close to that speed it literally would run out of hull very scary trying to slow down. It ran for many years with that motor never being touched finally blew when the fuel pump wire came off while wide open. Have to see if I can find some pics of it and the motor.

27 daytona motor in avatar 127mph not the fastest but ran hard if you could keep a drive alive in it.

Does our old Sanger hydro count?
How much hp to reach 127? I've heard different stories.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scalded Dawg
I'd like to see the feedback with deep V. I have a 24 deadrise.
My Laveycraft 2750 will go 90 with an ilmor 710 - and its loaded up like an escalade. AC, killer stereo, radar, nav, dual screens.

Sleeps 2 in the v no issues I often sleep aboard at least a night or two per San Diego trip.

As a matter of fact I can operate in zero visibility at night on the ocean with 100% confidence.

I get between 2-3.3 MPG - and have gone on 300 mile ocean trips with confidence.

This an extremely practical ride that happens to be fast with reasonable power.

Same bottom in the canopied 28 Evo is not as practical but will go 105 on the same engine.

This hull has an excellent offshore racing track record was designed for big water and is as good an all rounder as you can get.

If there is a faster 28 with the same level of HP and amenities Id like to see it.

Uncle Dave
Attached Thumbnails Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!-catalina-april-17th-2010.jpg   Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!-mdr-tie-up.jpg   Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!-v-birth-2750.jpg  

Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!-dsc05730-2750-interior-stitch.jpg   Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!-babes.jpg  

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 08-03-2011 at 12:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Scalded Dawg
Very impressive....... I like my neutral Imco extension box, it may slow it down a little but it rides better in the rough stuff.....imo. I've prop tested so many other props and right now I'm running a 30 4-blade at about 5500rpm in the worst hot and humid conditions ever at about 82gps around 700hp at 6psi boost. I want to go faster and have alot more in this stroked 496 if I put the smaller pulley on but am enjoying my 1st trouble free summer so far.....
So you installed a Imco ext box and it slowed your boat down? I have been told by so many "experts" how well a ext box will make Baja's singles go faster and it just didn't work on mine, you are the only other person I have heard that said the box slowed their boat down too, Smitty
Old 08-03-2011, 05:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default 20 cigarette..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLEfsKM0z84

few more http://www.youtube.com/user/falconhp.../1/sLEfsKM0z84

Last edited by twinsteptiger; 08-03-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:25 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any vids of the 24?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Now THATs some chit! I really like the blow by

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.