I officially hate craigslist!!!!! >

I officially hate craigslist!!!!!

Notices

I officially hate craigslist!!!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I officially hate craigslist!!!!!

So I was looking at replacing my closed bow 20 ft concord with an open bow 20 ft concord and found what I thought was a deal on CL. Im in west Virginia and said boat it is in Missouri. Keep in mind that I just put new floor stringers and brand new upholstery from the factory in my boat over the winter. I decide after the original owner of this open bow claims that I won't find a cleaner boat than the one he has for sale that even tho mine is totally refreshed I will buy this open bow and sell mine to accommodate a growing family. He sends some pics and after talking to him all seems well so I drive ten hours to go get this boat. Upon arrival everything seems good until I start looking at the vinyl and the seats. What I find is a boat that has an excellent hull and motor but needs a complete upholstery job because the vinyl is brittle and coming apart the seams, two front buckets that appear decent until you sit in them and the backs are broken, a rear seat that is rotten and broken into two pieces and was just set together to pose for a pic. The radio doesn't work at all, the rear speakers are falling out of the side panels and few other things that weren't mentioned in the phone conversation. I asked this guy lots of questions, he knew I was driving ten hours one way to get the boat, he also has lots of local interest. Had he just been honest I would not have spent the last 24 hrs on the road to return home without a boat. Why do people have to do chit like this? I was so disappointed in what I actually found that I turned around and drove ten hours back home for nothing. I think I have decided that the next boat I buy will be brand new so I don't have to deal with this kinda crap anymore.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Registered
Gold Member

And thank god I held onto my boat until I made sure this was a done deal. So at least I know what I have because I rebuilt the damn thing lol
Old 07-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
And thank god I held onto my boat until I made sure this was a done deal. So at least I know what I have because I rebuilt the damn thing lol
i would have made the pric give me gas money,,hate ppl like this
Old 07-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
i would have made the pric give me gas money,,hate ppl like this
He thought because im only 27 I don't know squat I guess but when me and my cousin started combing this thing over he started letting the skeletons out of the closet. Don't get me wrong it was a nice boat but I don't know how the upholstery got tobe so rotten, I suspect he must have used bleach over the years to clean it and it finally took it's toll because the hull and top deck were almost flawless but I was not wiling to pay the agreed price plus shell out another 3500 bucks for new interior and he wouldnt budge off the price because he supposedly had eight other guys chomping at the bit for it I didnt expect the interior to be in the same shape as mine because mine is brand new but I also didn't expect to find that it needed to be completely replaced. He also kept telling me that I couldn't replace the boat new because concord is long since out of business and he was dumb founded when I told him I was on a first name basis with fritz Hawkins the owner. Then I pulled out the resto pics of my boat and he was totally in shock. Im pretty sure I've forgotten more about Concords than this guy ever knew and Im still learning everyday. I guess what pisses me of the most is I was told I was buying a boat that needed nothing but ended being a sort of a project to be right again. If I wanted a project I would have stayed home and continued to work on mine lol
Old 07-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, sorry to hear but thats the beauty of OSO. You could always ask a third party (oso member) to swing by an take a honest look. A member did it for me and saw me a 2 hr trip to Conn.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default CL isn't the problem.....................

its the azzholes that post ads that they know are misleading and go out trying to find a sucker..........

Whats the old saying; don't shoot the messenger
Old 07-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by iamjoe
its the azzholes that post ads that they know are misleading and go out trying to find a sucker..........

Whats the old saying; don't shoot the messenger
True, I know it's partially my fault but after talking with this guy all week I felt confident, live and learn I guess
Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started reading this thread because I figured this was one more case where someone sent money for a deposit for a boat and got burned. I went to buy a boat14 hrs away pulling a trailer and came back without the boat.

Don't fret over it. Go look at another one.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

The good part is that you were not afraid to come home empty. A 24 hour ride is a lot better than the thousands of dollars at risk buying the wrong boat.

On a long distance buy, a few hundred dollars for survey is well worthwhile.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:55 PM
Registered
Gold Member

What really sucks is that to 99% of the population it would have been an awesome boat, but I guess I've spoiled myself by fixing up my boat and i really don't want to "settle" for something because I feel like I have to. I think my new plan is to keep mine for a few years and get some use out of it and replace it when it becomes absolutely necessary. The season is to short and I'm tired of working on the damn things it's time to just cruise and hang out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.