Has Anybody Heard Of A Glastron Cvx 20 >

Has Anybody Heard Of A Glastron Cvx 20

Notices

Has Anybody Heard Of A Glastron Cvx 20

Old 07-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My second boat was a 1971, CVX19. or was that a CV19. That Sounds right. That was when the was a bolt on swim platform or no swim platform. Mine was a 455 Olds and a Berkley jet. They added the the swim platform that tappered down to the waterfor the
x models. Do a search for a Scimitar and you will find a rare Glastron. That was a CVX23 with T-tops. very cool boat, but only had an I/O with an Alpha drive.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock85
www.screamandfly.com It's basically an outboard version of OSO but mainly smaller, under 20ft river rockets.

HEY THANKS FOR THE LINK GOING TO GET SIGNED UP AND CHECK IT OUT! GOOD BUNCH OF GUYS ON THIS SITE! I AM IMPRESSED!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Payton
My second boat was a 1971, CVX19. or was that a CV19. That Sounds right. That was when the was a bolt on swim platform or no swim platform. Mine was a 455 Olds and a Berkley jet. They added the the swim platform that tappered down to the waterfor the
x models. Do a search for a Scimitar and you will find a rare Glastron. That was a CVX23 with T-tops. very cool boat, but only had an I/O with an Alpha drive.
Sounds like you had some very cool boats! I am waiting to hear back from this guy but people now days are so flakey I will probably have to call him again and see what kind of deal I can make. But with business dead right now its going to have to be dirt cheap. If I can steal it and sit on it I don't think I will lose anymoney on it. I accidently run into those simartars on the web now those are some wicked ass boats.!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I member right(not say'n I am)!! I think they used 1 of those pull'n skiers in 1 of the Jaws movies??????
Old 07-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
If I member right(not say'n I am)!! I think they used 1 of those pull'n skiers in 1 of the Jaws movies??????

There was also one in an issue of Penthouse. That Scimitar looked great with that pet.

Um, so I was told
Old 07-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
Glastron built them but they were designed by Art Carlson, thus the model-C for Carlson. the outboards are actually more common than the jet or stern drive but they are not a boat you will see often as nice ones are getting scarce. If you watch the James Bond movie "live and let die" you will see a bunch of them of different sizes. My dad was with Glastron back at the time and was there for part of the filming. they are cool boats and handle well. My buddy has the very last CVX20 ever built, the molds were in storage and I had my dad get them to pull them out and build it for him. there are some guys on here who I believe have or had different Carlson models.
This was mine. Scroll down to posts 56-57.

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/ge...erunner-4.html
Old 07-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
This was mine. Scroll down to posts 56-57.

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/ge...erunner-4.html

SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts

I had an O/B CVX 20 way back when.

Also had what ended up being one of my favorite boats and was a '68 Glastron Carslon, 19' O/B cuddy cabin. Very, very rare and only saw one other one. Was my first recreational O/B. Ran 80 mph's in the early '80's which was pretty good back then but what I liked was the V-berth in the cuddy. Would sleep 4 (in a 19' boat!!) comfortably. I bought it from a dealer that had it rotting out in a field after catching fire when he was burning leaf piles. Bought and restored it's 1st motor that way as well.
Picture at dock is Catawba St. Pk in Lake Erie preparing to head to Leamingtron on the north side of the lake.

Also, the 16' Glastron Carlson was used in "Live and Let Die" (all chase boats were Glastrons) and set a world record when it jumped the road.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
I had an O/B CVX 20 way back when.

Also had what ended up being one of my favorite boats and was a '68 Glastron Carslon, 19' O/B cuddy cabin. Very, very rare and only saw one other one. Was my first recreational O/B. Ran 80 mph's in the early '80's which was pretty good back then but what I liked was the V-berth in the cuddy. Would sleep 4 (in a 19' boat!!) comfortably. I bought it from a dealer that had it rotting out in a field after catching fire when he was burning leaf piles. Bought and restored it's 1st motor that way as well.
Picture at dock is Catawba St. Pk in Lake Erie preparing to head to Leamingtron on the north side of the lake.

Also, the 16' Glastron Carlson was used in "Live and Let Die" (all chase boats were Glastrons) and set a world record when it jumped the road.

Thats freekin Bad ASS!
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (03-07-2024)
Old 08-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Default Up date on CVX

The dude called me yesterday on the CV and hes wanting me to make an offer he sent me some more pics and the gell looks *****in! He said the carpets good floors solid needs cleaning and the drivers seast needs rebuilt / Had a cover but the cover is slit down the middle water been gettin in. Last licensed in 2000 Washington boat. There is a pink on the boat no pink on the trailer. In Nevada there anal on pinks. If I don't have a pink for the trailer its s dead deal.
I asked him to try and get the boast regisitered in Utah with a reg and bill of sale DMV will give me a pink. I am not ggoing to give much for it. There was a cuddy with two 140 mercs running over there for 1000 obo. Markets soft as hell so if I cant steal it to hell with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.