Notices

Has Anybody Heard Of A Glastron Cvx 20

Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts
Default Thanks.

Originally Posted by BAD ASS SCARAB
Thats freekin Bad ASS!
To me it was bad ass for everything it did. Can remember entering harbors though horrible conditions in that thing and watching peoples jaws drop

Two favorite stories w/that boat.

#1. Me and my 2 buddies heading back to the trailer after a weekend of drunken debacherey @ the islands. Was rolling the typical 2' to 3's in the Bay when we came on this 35' Cigarette.
Looked at my buddies (who all knew me REAL well) and asked if they were willing to go for a swim to make a point. They both just smiled knowing they had no real choice. The 1st passenger on the Cig glanced back and noticed us and absolutely freaked out. He gets the rest of the crews attention, including the driver which of course pin's the throttles. We cleared his wake by probably 5', had 15 MPH's on him and stayed in front long enough to prove it.
When we slowed down we checked the cuddy and EVERYTHING had dumped on the floor! Including spilled, warm beer and melted ice out of the coolers annnddddd, 3 day old fish bait all on top of our clothes and sleeping bags. What a mess.
was an epic weekend though and well worth it.

#2. Two couples of us staying the weekend on the boat and got weathered in on Pelee Island. Poured down rain all night! With all 4 of us in the cabin it floated bow down so the rain ran under the cabin door into the cuddy where the bilge pump couldn't get to it
Every 1/2 hr, all night I went out in the rain in my underwear and sat on the motor so the water would run out of the cabin and into the bilge to get pumped out
Another epic weekend.

On the Glastron's, the ones I've seen and owned were designed way better than they were constructed. Some day I will probably re-do a GT160 16' O/B which I think is one of the most beautiful designs of all time.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
To me it was bad ass for everything it did. Can remember entering harbors though horrible conditions in that thing and watching peoples jaws drop

Two favorite stories w/that boat.

#1. Me and my 2 buddies heading back to the trailer after a weekend of drunken debacherey @ the islands. Was rolling the typical 2' to 3's in the Bay when we came on this 35' Cigarette.
Looked at my buddies (who all knew me REAL well) and asked if they were willing to go for a swim to make a point. They both just smiled knowing they had no real choice. The 1st passenger on the Cig glanced back and noticed us and absolutely freaked out. He gets the rest of the crews attention, including the driver which of course pin's the throttles. We cleared his wake by probably 5', had 15 MPH's on him and stayed in front long enough to prove it.
When we slowed down we checked the cuddy and EVERYTHING had dumped on the floor! Including spilled, warm beer and melted ice out of the coolers annnddddd, 3 day old fish bait all on top of our clothes and sleeping bags. What a mess.
was an epic weekend though and well worth it.

#2. Two couples of us staying the weekend on the boat and got weathered in on Pelee Island. Poured down rain all night! With all 4 of us in the cabin it floated bow down so the rain ran under the cabin door into the cuddy where the bilge pump couldn't get to it
Every 1/2 hr, all night I went out in the rain in my underwear and sat on the motor so the water would run out of the cabin and into the bilge to get pumped out
Another epic weekend.

On the Glastron's, the ones I've seen and owned were designed way better than they were constructed. Some day I will probably re-do a GT160 16' O/B which I think is one of the most beautiful designs of all time.
Very cool story! Wish I had freinds like that to hang with.
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (03-07-2024)
Old 08-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have two Glastron Carlsons and they are great boats. One is a Ski Machine and the other is a CV23. The Ski Machine is basically a CVX20 with an O/B and a full length molded skeg. They added a ski locker, rear facing bench seat, glove box, and ski pylon as well. I have a 200 Evinrude Sport on my Ski Machine and it'll run about 65mph which is fast enough for me! Hole shot is amazing too!

My family has been a Glastron dealer for nearly 50 years and I've been fortunate enough to run down some of these boats over the years. They are getting very hard to find but are the best looking runabouts out there.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zdek
We have two Glastron Carlsons and they are great boats. One is a Ski Machine and the other is a CV23. The Ski Machine is basically a CVX20 with an O/B and a full length molded skeg. They added a ski locker, rear facing bench seat, glove box, and ski pylon as well. I have a 200 Evinrude Sport on my Ski Machine and it'll run about 65mph which is fast enough for me! Hole shot is amazing too!

My family has been a Glastron dealer for nearly 50 years and I've been fortunate enough to run down some of these boats over the years. They are getting very hard to find but are the best looking runabouts out there.

Very cool Like I said if I cant steal it not going to buy it. I need a nother boat like I need a hole in my head. NOthing seems to be selling that would be the only reason for getting it
Old 08-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Registered

Default Very cool.

Originally Posted by zdek

They did some really innovative stuff during that era.
The Scimitar being one. I really liked the 27' (CV 27??) twin I/O sport boat they built too. Doubt they built many of them and know I've only seen a few. Not much freeboard for a boat that size but had great lines. Was a project for sale locally not long ago.

I had an old Evinrude 235 cross flow on my CVX. Ran 67 when I first rigged it and 73 just by getting the fuel tank out of the bow.
Was at 77 w/same motor when I got bored and sold it.
I've never seen a GT set up to go fast w/an O/B and would love to do one. I have the proper motor for a larger project but would be on suicide watch on a GT 16. Thought of finding one of the larger I/O or jet hulls and converting it.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
They did some really innovative stuff during that era.
The Scimitar being one. I really liked the 27' (CV 27??) twin I/O sport boat they built too. Doubt they built many of them and know I've only seen a few. Not much freeboard for a boat that size but had great lines. Was a project for sale locally not long ago.

I had an old Evinrude 235 cross flow on my CVX. Ran 67 when I first rigged it and 73 just by getting the fuel tank out of the bow.
Was at 77 w/same motor when I got bored and sold it.
I've never seen a GT set up to go fast w/an O/B and would love to do one. I have the proper motor for a larger project but would be on suicide watch on a GT 16. Thought of finding one of the larger I/O or jet hulls and converting it.
Wicked looking motor!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Brother has a 23 CVX Carlson, 460/Berkley.

Not a bad boat, but the hull is paper thin and see thru.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Registered

More info he called today and its a 79 I am sure I have been the only one to call on it he is going to send more pics this week. I told him if sombody shows up with a wad of cash take it! No body is looking for projects now days everybody is broke. And with a job. Its going to have to be rock bottom price no pink on the trailer. I know its not worth much.
Old 03-06-2024, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Bringing up an old thread ....

Funny as I have a "Big ASS Scarab" 38 AVS down here in Texas.... (The guy who started this thread was "Big Ass Scarab"

Anyway ....anyone on here these days know much about the Glastron CVX 20 Sprint ?

MY dad had one new in 1979......First boat I Learned to ski behind and drive over 50mph at 8 year old! He sold it in 1980 to my Uncle, and my Uncle still has it, along with the original Black Max 200HP Mercury Outboard. Boat is still in excellent condition, always stored indoors, covered etc.

My Uncle and Aunt have offered the boat to me.....its been on our Family since day 1....and they want me to keep it going, any clue on what I should offer them as far as $$$ ? I really like the idea of running around on my first "go fast" boat as a kid. Boat still runs, trailer is excellent.

Any helpful info appreciated!
The following 2 users liked this post by JetJock:
larslindroth (03-07-2024), Twin O/B Sonic (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 08:58 PM
Registered

I had one.

Cool design, ahead of its time.

If it’s perfect……., $5 - $6k?

Originally Posted by JetJock
Funny as I have a "Big ASS Scarab" 38 AVS down here in Texas.... (The guy who started this thread was "Big Ass Scarab"

Anyway ....anyone on here these days know much about the Glastron CVX 20 Sprint ?

MY dad had one new in 1979......First boat I Learned to ski behind and drive over 50mph at 8 year old! He sold it in 1980 to my Uncle, and my Uncle still has it, along with the original Black Max 200HP Mercury Outboard. Boat is still in excellent condition, always stored indoors, covered etc.

My Uncle and Aunt have offered the boat to me.....its been on our Family since day 1....and they want me to keep it going, any clue on what I should offer them as far as $$$ ? I really like the idea of running around on my first "go fast" boat as a kid. Boat still runs, trailer is excellent.

Any helpful info appreciated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.