Has Anybody Heard Of A Glastron Cvx 20 >

Has Anybody Heard Of A Glastron Cvx 20

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this boat over in Utah that is a Glastron CVX 20 its got a 200hp Evinrude on it and its a low profile performance boat. I am sure it would of done at least 60 in full trim out when new. I can find a few pics some on video of one with a 454 jet on U-tube but the outboards seem to be really rare. I just cannot find any info on this boat and quite frankly I have never heard of them before but there I also have a lot to learn. I thnk these are rare boats and Glastron didnt make that many of them. If I can steal it Ill buy it but it needs interior and some engine work on the carbs etc, that was what I was told.
Does anybody know anything about this. I know this is website is for off shore but with all the knowlegeable guys on here I am sure sombody has seen one of these or maybe had one.
Thanks guys for any help.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

Glastron built them but they were designed by Art Carlson, thus the model-C for Carlson. the outboards are actually more common than the jet or stern drive but they are not a boat you will see often as nice ones are getting scarce. If you watch the James Bond movie "live and let die" you will see a bunch of them of different sizes. My dad was with Glastron back at the time and was there for part of the filming. they are cool boats and handle well. My buddy has the very last CVX20 ever built, the molds were in storage and I had my dad get them to pull them out and build it for him. there are some guys on here who I believe have or had different Carlson models.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
Glastron built them but they were designed by Art Carlson, thus the model-C for Carlson. the outboards are actually more common than the jet or stern drive but they are not a boat you will see often as nice ones are getting scarce. If you watch the James Bond movie "live and let die" you will see a bunch of them of different sizes. My dad was with Glastron back at the time and was there for part of the filming. they are cool boats and handle well. My buddy has the very last CVX20 ever built, the molds were in storage and I had my dad get them to pull them out and build it for him. there are some guys on here who I believe have or had different Carlson models.
Well you have my interest peaked. That is very interesting. Will see what happens business is really dead right now so money is tight. But if I can steal it will buy it. Thanks
Old 07-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I also know know where one is near Myrtle beach sc. My dad has two 1978 cvx 16's one of which he bought new. They are neat boats and you can actually find a good bit of info at www.classicglastron.com. I actually know a decent little bit about the inner construction of them and what to look for when checking for rot. Feel free to pm if you would like more info
Old 07-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

My neighbor has one. It's a very nice ski boat.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a PRIMO example of the boat you're looking for at Scream & Fly...It is the ski version with a boom included...
Old 07-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by velocitoy
there is a PRIMO example of the boat you're looking for at Scream & Fly...It is the ski version with a boom included...

Whats scream and fly????
Old 07-30-2011, 09:25 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

This was on Island Pirates, Glastron runs 127,http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=89e_1310693288
Old 07-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are nice boats, I've always wanted one in a jet version.
I love the lines on them!
I've seen a couple that were restored to better than new.

Scream and fly.com has a few nice ones from time to time...BTW that's a popular, mostly outboard oriented web forum.

GPM thanks for sharing the cool old school video!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD ASS SCARAB
Whats scream and fly????
www.screamandfly.com It's basically an outboard version of OSO but mainly smaller, under 20ft river rockets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.