Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I officially hate craigslist!!!!! >

I officially hate craigslist!!!!!

Notices

I officially hate craigslist!!!!!

Old 07-31-2011, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a similar story happen to me this Spring. I would have been so much happier with the boat if he told me proactively about these really obvious things. But I guess he felt he could pull one over on me by not mentioning them.

But as mentioned before, a few hundred in fuel is better than wasting thousands.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Flew from Virginia to Dallas once to buy a truck. Went right back to airport within 20 minutes. Been there. It happens.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:43 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had an Ebay deal like that. Drove 12 hours down to Virginia. I had asked the guy about the motor, hull, all the areas that I knew the boats had issues. He said oh man it is fine. When I got there I was instantly pissed. There were cracks in the bottom of the boat that had water leaking out them, all the areas that I asked him about were way worse then he said. I told him I would not take the boat if he paid me the asking price. Luckily gas was not as expensive as it is now.