Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sony MP3 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25931-sony-mp3.html)

delsol 06-05-2002 04:03 PM

Sony MP3

Just purchased the new sony mp3 deck,, this thing can play mp3, cd, and even burn songs onto the memory stick while you're listening to the song. Supposed to be able to hold about 2000 songs. Just wish it could play dvd's, and i'd be all set:D :D
Now i'm going to need a 2 week training lesson just to work the damn thing:eek:

Sean 06-05-2002 04:10 PM

del sol,

I have a Sony DSC S70 which uses the memory stick and when i went to buy an mp3 player, they told me that I have to buy diferent type of stick for the MP3 player...thay pissed me off!! THey use a purple stick for the cameras and a white stick for the players what a f&*^N rip off!

Shorty 06-05-2002 04:13 PM

Once you water test it, let me know how it works. I've got their first MP3 CD model, and it skips like sh*t above 6 inch chop in a heavy 29' boat. The new ones are supposed to have much better skip protection.

Baja232 06-05-2002 05:17 PM

Sony Mp70

I put in the Sony MP70 MP3 player a few weeks ago and I love it. I burned one CD with about 150 songs and leave it in the boat all day. Also, it hasn't skipped once since I got it.

I am Very happy with it. But, i just went with regular 6.5 inch marine speakers (Bazooka) with no extra amp, and it sounds good, just not great. I just didn't want to spend the money to do it "right" but if you have the cash and the boat, do the amp and better speakers and the deck is great.

delsol 06-05-2002 07:58 PM

speakers--marine/normal??

Baja- The deck that i've got is the MEX-1HD, The guy told me that it 'shouldn't' skip at all---we'll see. But i am hooking up to a kicker amp, should power the 2 subs fine
1 question though--- all the speakers are not marine--he told me just to hit the steel/copper parts with some silicone spray-- we held 2 up, 1 marine pioneer, 1 normal, not much difference other than marine had the white face. Anybody know for sure????

Shorty 06-06-2002 11:34 AM

Del Sol - I don't have marine speakers either. I have the sony's but they have polyurethene cones, rubber surrounds, and an extended service policy which cover's "accidental spills". ;) ;) No problems at all last season.

I think 'real' marine speakers have the above parts plus a sealed back to keep moisture out of the coils, etc. But I've had those kind and one failed under a direct hit from a squirt gun. So I figured, what's the point then. I think the non-marine ones sound better, and the non-marine Sony's handle more watts than the marine version.

Anyway, I'm real interested to know whether the Hard Drive skips. Can you hook up a laptop to mass load songs? Does that model work with the regular wired remotes to the helm?

delsol 06-06-2002 03:39 PM

Mach 1 ---iwas told that you're supposed yto be able to download off of a laptop--I'm hoping-- abuddy of mine is a sound engineer and has all kinds of discs etc. on harddrive. b Not to mention does anyone have thier harddrive filled from Napster???
Iwish it was still up! And yes I had him throw in The wired remote along with the cordless-- it's on backorder though. Basically I don't want to have a ton of cd's kicking around to act as frisbee's when some of my a-hole 'friends' decide they don't like the song.:D
I plan on being at LOTO for July 4 with my boat-- by then i'll know if it skips --or by the end just how many 'boobs' it takes to make it skip:p