Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
HEADERS: Lighting,CMI,Hardin,etc >

HEADERS: Lighting,CMI,Hardin,etc

Notices

HEADERS: Lighting,CMI,Hardin,etc

Old 08-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy's cmis just leaked for a second time in 5 months. The first time it toasted a 525, he has them pressure tested every time he gets the oil changed. Guess what? Same header, same place that cmi just repaired leaking again. Guess what? Cmi does not warranty any repairs they do. Great company. 5 months on their repair and won't stand behind their product. Says everything doesn't it.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Easy to answer question> You've got Kieth Eickert engines, use his beautiful 4 tube sweeper cast headers. they make great power. look great and they don't leak! Easy answer!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 08-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Stellings or KE header manifolds period!

Cmi uses 316 SS welding rod on their headers and stelling uses 317 SS welding rod on their headers..317 rod is better in salt water and less prone to crack..

scroll down and read about it..

http://www.alcaminc.com/stainless-inconel-monel.html

Last edited by FIXX; 08-04-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Can the same tailpipes be used if going from CMI,s to Stellings? Are they a direct fit replacement? Thanks
Old 08-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Easy to answer question> You've got Kieth Eickert engines, use his beautiful 4 tube sweeper cast headers. they make great power. look great and they don't leak! Easy answer!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Ray I am running the boat in salt water will that be a problem for all aluminum header? Are they coated? As far as Stellings go I heard they are no longer producing headers, anyone else hear that?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Ray I am running the boat in salt water will that be a problem for all aluminum header? Are they coated? As far as Stellings go I heard they are no longer producing headers, anyone else hear that?
I have 11 yrs (knock on wood) on my KE,s in a salt water enviroment. Still going!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
I have CMI Gen X on my rear/port motor, second set, first set leaked, cracked and pitted after only 3 hours of use. i'm done with CMI, so another local O.L. guy here on Long Island recommended Stellings, he claims no problems. I called Stellings yesterday requesting information. Apparently, they are phasing out their header product. They are hand made and and family run/owned, they phasing out due to age and retirement of skilled staff. But, are still willing to mfg. custom headers for the near future. She quoted $6,000 per motor. That is heavy........
Old 08-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Redmen666
I have CMI Gen X on my rear/port motor, second set, first set leaked, cracked and pitted after only 3 hours of use. i'm done with CMI, so another local O.L. guy here on Long Island recommended Stellings, he claims no problems. I called Stellings yesterday requesting information. Apparently, they are phasing out their header product. They are hand made and and family run/owned, they phasing out due to age and retirement of skilled staff. But, are still willing to mfg. custom headers for the near future. She quoted $6,000 per motor. That is heavy........
Still cheaper than buying multiple sets of CMI's or gernading an engine! Get them while they're still making them!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to throw this in the mix. What about the Hardin headers? Good or bad?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have 525 direct replacements from hardin,,,made by lighting,,,you can use the cmi tailpipes,,,frank dont know your head bolt pattern,,,on the 675,s by KEITH ,,,but iam very happy with them so far,,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.