Notices

Business Must Be Good!!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW. I've had VERY good quick responses with Pier 57 and Shogren anytime I was looking at boat of theirs. The rest of them blow IMO.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
I was seriously shopping for almost six months this last time around with cash in hand. You wouldn't believe how few people return emails or calls, never mind in a timely manor.
yep...I stated I had cash in hand too, no trade... WTH???
Old 08-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Ss

Originally Posted by SS930
I was seriously shopping for almost six months this last time around with cash in hand. You wouldn't believe how few people return emails or calls, never mind in a timely manor.
I know the feeling... paid 2/3rds of the price of a new Sonic in October, told I would have an April deliver date... in April thought about calling it a day but later agreed to continue with the build.. paid the balance in May as I expected a May delivery.. it is August still not boat... times are better than we all thought...
Old 08-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Ss

Last edited by sp123; 08-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered

I contacted a dealer that had a used boat on OSO. Got no responce. About a year earlier I had contaced the owner that had the boat. I dug up his email address and emailed him if boat was still for sale & told him I had not heard from dealer in over a week. Guy told me yes and said he would deal with me on the sale. Over next 2 weeks looked at and bought boat. Two weeks lafter that I get email from dealer saying the yes boat was still for sale and wanted to know if I wanted to see it. I forwared the email on to the person I had bought the boat from.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

On a POSTIVE note, I called Performance boat brokerage this week to inquiry about a boat that I was interested in. I talked to Brett, asked him to tell me about the boat. He was what I felt extremely honest in describing all the boats imprefections, without me asking or prying for them. I felt he honestly represented the boat's true condition and did not try to hide stuff other dealers would! Brett knew quite a bit of history aobut the boat and was happy to share it. When I get closer to pulling the trigger I plan on giving them a call again!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
On a POSTIVE note, I called Performance boat brokerage this week to inquiry about a boat that I was interested in. I talked to Brett, asked him to tell me about the boat. He was what I felt extremely honest in describing all the boats imprefections, without me asking or prying for them. I felt he honestly represented the boat's true condition and did not try to hide stuff other dealers would! Brett knew quite a bit of history aobut the boat and was happy to share it. When I get closer to pulling the trigger I plan on giving them a call again!
but I could C why nobody would want 2 deal w/ U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
but I could C why nobody would want 2 deal w/ U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That goes for you too. Must be alot of rotten teeth in Michigan these days!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
We appreciate the call and the post. The boat you called on has spent a couple of months of my lift at the house, I know it well and its one that I almost want to keep! Almost!!!

Brett
Performance Boat Brokerage
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
I contacted a dealer that had a used boat on OSO. Got no responce. About a year earlier I had contaced the owner that had the boat. I dug up his email address and emailed him if boat was still for sale & told him I had not heard from dealer in over a week. Guy told me yes and said he would deal with me on the sale. Over next 2 weeks looked at and bought boat. Two weeks lafter that I get email from dealer saying the yes boat was still for sale and wanted to know if I wanted to see it. I forwared the email on to the person I had bought the boat from.
That's great. I normally don't advocate under-cutting a broker but in this case, that's awesome. Fvck 'em if it takes 2 weeks to a month to return calls. They deserve to fail if it takes them that long. I don't care what the excuse is, I don't want to hear it. 1 to 2 business days and I walk away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.