Notices

Business Must Be Good!!!!

Old 08-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought I'd give an update, Heard back from one of the Dealers, gave me just the information I wanted, nothing more. On the other dealer still no reply,so I contacted the Manufacture that he represents, and to this date have not heard anything from the Manufacture either.

I have contacted another builder and I'm now interested in his line. OH WELL!!!! I have talked with this builder before and have visited his facility so know I will get a reply from them.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ROADHOG
I have contacted another builder and I'm now interested in his line. OH WELL!!!! I have talked with this builder before and have visited his facility so know I will get a reply from them.
You getting Sue something you can use?
Old 08-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Registered

YES,

You build me a Center Console with a Cuddy and Help me get rid of my Fountain, YOU MIGHT HAVE DEAL!!!!

Pat I'm serious, Get in touch if you think we can work something out.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

We were just talking about this a few weeks ago. Lol. You have the perfect boat. Let me know what you will sell the fountain to me for. Kicking around buying another boat to race with or sell mine and go faster.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Registered

Jason give me a call if you are interested. I'm in the market to let it go. My phone number is on the LEOPA mailing list. If you can't find the number email and I will give it to you,
Old 09-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1987pachanga22
I keep leaving messages and emails over the last 3 weeks at Lake Wide in the Ozarks but nothing! I don’t know are the still open. The 32 Black Thunder Im interested in has been listed for a long time. If it wasn’t such an oddball boat I wouldn’t keep trying.

Are these guys still open or just not give a crud?
LAKE WIDE YACHT BROKERAGE 573-372-6036 GRAVOIS MILLS, MO 65037
:cuqui:
Currently looking to purchase my first boat and after coming across this thread the only thing I can say is I couldn't agree more with most of the replies on this topic. I don't get it...is the boating industry really hurting that bad? Cuz my observations so far are that a lot of people, brokers, and dealers seem they could care less about selling their boats.

In all fareness I will say that Performance Boat Brokerage has been good. I wouldn't mind purchasing a boat off Brett over there. If only him and I could come to terms on that 98 OL 29 he has

But dealing with Lake Wide has been sub-par to say the least. I'm actually trying to look at one of their boats that is located in KC with the owner, even though their ad said it was at LOTO. But man, something as simple as wanting to look at this boat seems like it'll take an act of god here to make this happen.

I understand they probably get tire kickers all the time and maybe you are operating on a skeleton crew, but that's the nature of the business you're in. If you don't like it, get out of it. For guys like me that are actually serious and ready to plunk down cash at any given moment, I find myself wondering, "Why the F am I jumping through hoops here?"

Last edited by SteveO782; 10-01-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 4,249 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
On a POSTIVE note, I called Performance boat brokerage this week to inquiry about a boat that I was interested in. I talked to Brett, asked him to tell me about the boat. He was what I felt extremely honest in describing all the boats imprefections, without me asking or prying for them. I felt he honestly represented the boat's true condition and did not try to hide stuff other dealers would! Brett knew quite a bit of history aobut the boat and was happy to share it. When I get closer to pulling the trigger I plan on giving them a call again!
Sorry Andy but I emailed that place twice last year before I bought the Outlaw.. no reply. When i called felt like I was bothering them..so I took my $$ elsewhere.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 09-30-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 4,249 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by Pez Man
I contacted 4 chevy dealers on cars they had for sale this week. 1 contacted me back, and i am going to buy the car this morning. All you hear is crying how business is bad. It the way they do business that is bad.
Agreed, in my business I return calls and emails withing a few hours if that, even when I know its a tire kicker I will give them 100% of my attention, they might just remember the experience and one day become a customer, I spend 1-2 hours on free estimates with no guarantee and these folks can`t return a simple phone call?
This is why I haven`t had to advertise in close to 10 years now
Old 09-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what gets me ,it seems if you a spending 10s of thousand of dollars, they could care less, i called lantham about a custom bracket they make for my 290aq drive, i was going to buy the whole set up,the guy said they had the molds to make it , so i would buy 2 plates , okay give me a few hours i will call you back, called 2x left messages never called me back,i will never by from lantham period,
Old 10-01-2011, 09:09 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotta put a good experience in for Harbour Marine in Norfolk, Va.
Great folks and nice to do business with. Always prompt return calls.
Www.hmboats.com

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron