Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Business Must Be Good!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/259459-business-must-good.html)

ROADHOG 08-03-2011 08:23 AM

Business Must Be Good!!!!

In the past couple of weeks I have contacted 2 different dealers to inquire about boats they have in stock and neither one of them gave me a reply. I contacted them through emails off their website,One did acknowledged by automated reply that they received my message but never another word from them. They other just never replied.

Once again I think that the Marine Industry is it's OWN WORST ENEMY!!!!

wrinkleface 08-03-2011 08:28 AM

I contacted a dealer a bit ago, no return call!!:bsflag:

ActiveFun 08-03-2011 08:44 AM

That is just incredible.

ROADHOG 08-03-2011 08:47 AM

Your right Wrink, we have talked about this for year's and somethings never seem to change.

POWERPLAY J 08-03-2011 08:49 AM

Tell TOM to gimme a job so I can start looking at new boats. :drink:

campionchase910 08-03-2011 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by ROADHOG (Post 3468687)
In the past couple of weeks I have contacted 2 different dealers to inquire about boats they have in stock and neither one of them gave me a reply. I contacted them through emails off their website,One did acknowledged by automated reply that they received my message but never another word from them. They other just never replied.

Once again I think that the Marine Industry is it's OWN WORST ENEMY!!!!

I agree, when I was searching the same happened to me:bsflag: Tells you something about them, I'm glad it happened because I ended up buying a 32 Sunsation and let me tell you the customer service at Sunsation is first class:drink:From a phone call to a simple e-mail, they always replied. Thanks Joe and crew at Sunsation Boats:Score-101010:

Mackattack 08-03-2011 10:45 AM

I sent two emails this week to dealers that have boats in the classifieds on this site. No response.

frickstyle 08-03-2011 10:49 AM

I'm trying to get quotes on a hatch and contacted two very reputable companies, no replys....

Sydwayz 08-03-2011 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by wrinkleface (Post 3468692)
I contacted a dealer a bit ago, no return call!!:bsflag:

I thought you already bought a new boat? Why call a dealer? Were you trying to get a T-shirt or something? :evilb:

Sydwayz 08-03-2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by frickstyle (Post 3468796)
I'm trying to get quotes on a hatch and contacted two very reputable companies, no replys....

In all seriousness, times are tight, and companies still surviving are running skeleton staffs. Often, a 1 or 2 man show is concentrated upon getting product out the door to get money IN the door, and will return emails and phone calls when they are dead tired and can't lift another finger, in the evening, or whenever they can get a spare moment.

Make yourself available and have a little patience.

Personally, I like email vs. phone because I can and do reply at any hour; of which I often do. My main gig is with a worldwide company with 20K people, and I'll often get in a zone and work through the night; some of which includes my best work.