Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best Boat For Under 25-grand-ish.  Lake Erie and In-land Lakes. >

Best Boat For Under 25-grand-ish. Lake Erie and In-land Lakes.

Notices

Best Boat For Under 25-grand-ish. Lake Erie and In-land Lakes.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol i run a 90 hp yamaha outboard lol outboars are great I like em, but I think IOs are great because of the handling, however I do not like how they draft so much
Old 08-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered

Im the opposite. I despise outboards. Don't like how they look, don't like how they take up space and can't understand how they justify tens of thousands of dollars for a couple hundered hp. Hahaha

But of coarse that's just my opinion haha
Old 08-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
By telling someone to "lay off" because there are better deals out there? Boat prices are subjective and his boat looks damn clean to me. You come off sounding like a know-it-all 18 year old kid with posts like that.

Just saying.
I don't think he is even 18. And using repo sites to compare to owned boats is no comparison. I would much rather by a boat that I know someone really cared for, then a boat that was just let go to a repo yard.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
I don't think he is even 18. And using repo sites to compare to owned boats is no comparison. I would much rather by a boat that I know someone really cared for, then a boat that was just let go to a repo yard.
I wasn't comparing anything... I was just pointing things out that i found that i thought was cool!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
This sounds just like the tax appraiser trying to say you can't use the prices foreclosed houses sale for when determining your homes taxable value... I have seen many owned boats that are abused and mistreated.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Registered

BigBoater my pacahnga 22 was a great small water boat that had plenty of power and looks but sadly it has rotted beyond use. Sea Ray used a core made of balsa wood that rotted when the water soaked in threw the speed pickup screw holes. Some day I will have her running again but in the mean time my mach 1 gets me back in the game. The older mach 1 boats used marine grade wood for the floors with a layer of glass over the top to protect from rot but like any older boat they all need looked over and maintained. My 29' single 502 engine runs just barley over 60 mph and my dads 27 single 454 runs about 50-55. The new machs are have a full guarantee against rot. I love all boats but like most can't afford some of the larger names so I just bought what made the most since to me.