Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best Boat For Under 25-grand-ish.  Lake Erie and In-land Lakes. >

Best Boat For Under 25-grand-ish. Lake Erie and In-land Lakes.

Notices

Best Boat For Under 25-grand-ish. Lake Erie and In-land Lakes.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoater
My neighbor has a SPOTLESS 30 ft scarab twin engine probably a 30k boat not to sure, next year if you want that boat you should call me.... and twin engines are good on great lakes... but my friend with a 33 tiara was out in 10 foot waves, well he lost steering, thank god for twins he was steering with tthrottles, but what if he lost an engine that would be bad
I think we will have to talk about this one!! The timing is PERFECT for what im looking for if the price is right. Any more info??
Old 08-11-2011, 06:52 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Freshwater since the motors were replaced
What speed are you getting? Great price. I'd do it if I had the extra $$$.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:54 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Velocity 280 is for sale. I was comparing price differences and something that would be alot closer to what you want to spend. Have the boat surveyed before buying it as you should with any boat even if its in your own town.

Do not know how much you know about boats inside or out but it is very wise to have someone do a thorough check out who does so for a living on an unbias survey.

Just because you are able to look at a boat upclose and personal does not mean the boat is 100% including a test drive. Heck even motors with bad compression can still get up and drive around the lake. You have to know what to look for and check out.

Last edited by BUP; 08-11-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Velocity 280 is for sale. I was comparing price differences and something that would be alot closer to what you want to spend. Have the boat surveyed before buying it as you should with any boat even if its in your own town.

Do not know how much you know about boats inside or out but it is very wise to have someone do a thorough check out who does so for a living on an unbias survey.

Just because you are able to look at a boat upclose and personal does not mean the boat is 100% including a test drive. Heck even motors with bad compression can still get up and drive around the lake. You have to know what to look for and check out.
I totally plan to have whatever i buy surveyed. Never know what could be wrong.. The reason I said sight unseen is because in person i may not like the cabin once i sit in it or may not like the boat once i see it in person...
Old 08-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DieselWeasel
I think we will have to talk about this one!! The timing is PERFECT for what im looking for if the price is right. Any more info??
Yeah, he trailers it each weekend for about a day or so take it out, cleans it and he is done, he said it runs mid 80's and he wants something faster, i have seen it on the water its bad @ss, 3 foot waves that day and he was running 50+, I will try to find a boat like it to show you.. it say Scarab Racing on the side in red Scarab, black racing, and everything else on hull is white.. from out of the water, the hull looks to be the nicest one on the water, if I see the owner this weekend I may ask him about it, or get a pic of it for you.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BigBoater
Yeah, he trailers it each weekend for about a day or so take it out, cleans it and he is done, he said it runs mid 80's and he wants something faster, i have seen it on the water its bad @ss, 3 foot waves that day and he was running 50+, I will try to find a boat like it to show you.. it say Scarab Racing on the side in red Scarab, black racing, and everything else on hull is white.. from out of the water, the hull looks to be the nicest one on the water, if I see the owner this weekend I may ask him about it, or get a pic of it for you.
Sick!! High 5 man!! I hope you find out what she is? Is it newer? Wonder if its a FasTech? Mid 80s would be disturbingly awesome!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered

here is a boat just like it, I was wrong its a 29 (big difference right lol) http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...carab-98233914 hes doent have the checkard flag and scarab is red not black, other than that same boat
Old 08-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Registered

Its mid to late 90s i beleive
Old 08-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered

That thing is sweet!!

Boat pricing THROWS me... LOL! How can a late 80s Formula SR1 is same price as a Mid to late 90s Scarab??

I understand its like Cavalier vs Cadillac Escalade but they all seem to have similar or same features?!?!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Registered

They do, but I do not know how to explain... well Formula is better know than wellcraft, wellcraft is out of buisness formula isn't.....it all plays factors, but scarabs are good boats, someone like my father will say buy a sea ray or tiara, nothing else.... um no, look at the boat see what you think, make sure it is of better quality than bayliner (or meridian which is fancy for bayliner ) I have looked at scarabs, they ar quality boats, and another thing may be resale, formulas probably sell better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.