Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best Boat For Under 25-grand-ish.  Lake Erie and In-land Lakes. >

Best Boat For Under 25-grand-ish. Lake Erie and In-land Lakes.

Notices

Best Boat For Under 25-grand-ish. Lake Erie and In-land Lakes.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this is still around, http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/6352

Originally Posted by bert4332
I'd look a Powequest 260SX, you can't beat that boat for the $$. Does everything very well, not the fastest but handles the rough and the ride is great. It meets all your needs listed.

Good Luck
Old 08-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Registered

BigBoater, The cuddy layout is what I like the best on that Scarab. I totally understand the Helm bench being a PITA. Although it would mostly be the wife next to me and I generally have to beat her off with a stick as it is.

Bert, that PowerQuest is pretty nice. How are they for quality. How about issues? Id hate to have to fear stringer or transom rot issues... although that's a fear ill probably have regardless.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered

I have a 1990 242 SS that will fit you needs we have the same family and it does us fine ; however, were looking to up size to a 353. It meets all the criteria you mentioned and I will deliver...the only option it doesn't have is shore power heres a short list: 500hp engine 150 hrs, bravo 1 new 150hrs, new seat covers this year runs about 65 would do better with a mirage plus but I like the all around performance of the bravo 1 @ 24p....its listed on powerboatlistings.com I can give you the exact link if your interested ill put it right out there bottom number is 15500.00 and it a fair price....pm me if you want the link...good luck looking
Old 08-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

DWeiss, your boat is great, I looked at it a few weeks ago online and it looks spotless, but do you think it could hadle 5 foot or 6 foot waves?? without coming back with all kinds of stress cracks, and everyone wet, I am not trying to shoot down your offer or anything I am truely serious because I haven't been on it... I just know Lake Erie gets some fast moving chop and even a biggger boat is a wet ride....
Old 08-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

We were out in a Tropical storm (stupid right, its was way off shore but still feeling the effects) last year along with my buddy's 24' Checkmate and she blew right threw the waves when the Checkmate couldn't handle what was being thrown at it, we actually turned around and passed him for a second time just to bust his balls. The Formula handled well in those seas not that I would recommend doing it daily as with any boat each has its limits. If you want to beat a boat all day everyday your asking for it, this is far from a 353. The 242 is built extremely well and this one rarely see's big waves i'm mostly in the ocean at night coming home from Atlantic City and you usually get rollers that time of the night...I can honestly say I have never been wet in this boat now if you have a 20 kt wind coming from the side your gona get it in any boat but going into it ...never, its a dry boat ask any 242 owner on here and i'm sure they will tell you the same...thanks for looking

Originally Posted by BigBoater
DWeiss, your boat is great, I looked at it a few weeks ago online and it looks spotless, but do you think it could hadle 5 foot or 6 foot waves?? without coming back with all kinds of stress cracks, and everyone wet, I am not trying to shoot down your offer or anything I am truely serious because I haven't been on it... I just know Lake Erie gets some fast moving chop and even a biggger boat is a wet ride....
Old 08-07-2011, 06:18 PM
KN
Registered

This seems like a lot of boat for the money

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41019-en.html
Old 08-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

KN that boat is SICK. However. No trailer.... probably why the price seems so nice.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

DWeiss, the ocean get rolling waves so you can get thru that easier.....on lake erie its fast moving chop so you can get the crap beat out of you with ease, and I was in a 48 ft boat with 25 knot wind hiting us on the side, we stayed try and the canvas was off... also Diesel I think I found a decent boat to get you started PM me if you want to see the link...its good size and cheap so you can get it now if you chose to do so
Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DieselWeasel
No, i am the anti-bodybuilder... I think i could bench like 150 HAHA! I think there is some dude that does curls or something on YouTube with a similar nickname. Someone asked me the same thing once... Guess he has HORRIBLE form and almost hurts himself?

I use the DieselWeasel SN because i have a almost 1k tq Dodge Ram Diesel.
Are you on www.cumminsforum.com?
Old 08-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DieselWeasel
KN that boat is SICK. However. No trailer.... probably why the price seems so nice.
I wouldn't let the lack of a trailer stop me. That's a really nice price if the boat passes a survey. You can pick up a good trailer with the money you'll save buying that boat.

Last edited by Catmando; 08-07-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.