new to the site be nice to me >

new to the site be nice to me

Notices

new to the site be nice to me

Old 08-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the site be nice to me

Wanted to say hello to everyone on the site and introduce myself.I have taken the leap from 21' daytonas to the bigger 33' daytona boght the bought in florida as a repo with no motors ,drives,steering and other misc. items .I will be putting this back together and keeping it for the lake of the ozarks and as my retirement boat if the goverment ever gets their sh!t right.So I will be be searching for engine and drive combos for sale to repower this thing. Thanks for inviting me in to this site.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 364 Likes on 243 Posts

welcome aboard ! have you really seen so much bashing to bescared of being new here????

don't worry ! it should not be that bad!

welcome again!
Old 08-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Registered

Welcome. Congrats on the purchase. Is this the blue mid cabin 33 from National? If so, I was thinking of doing the same thing but decided against it as I want a 38 Cig. We boat at LOTO and have a place at the 5 MM. I'd love to see the boat when you get it up and running. Good luck. This is a great site to learn and find parts to complete your boat.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 64 Posts

Welcome
Old 08-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered

Not alot on here but seen it on another sight gets pretty bad hope not here though so far....lol. yes it is the one from there .Will probably take a couple of years but it will get back on the lake ,at least that's what the wife says. thanks for the welcomes
Old 08-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by picklefork stud
Wanted to say hello to everyone on the site and introduce myself.I have taken the leap from 21' daytonas to the bigger 33' daytona boght the bought in florida as a repo with no motors ,drives,steering and other misc. items .I will be putting this back together and keeping it for the lake of the ozarks and as my retirement boat if the goverment ever gets their sh!t right.So I will be be searching for engine and drive combos for sale to repower this thing. Thanks for inviting me in to this site.
Eddie Young and Ron Potter would be two engine builders I would call. I'm sure others will chime in with their favorites. The 33 is a heavy boat so you'll need more than a 525's power to make it run good.

For drives the Arneson #6 Bravo replacement will work well for you. For steering Latham is right up there. I would recommend Livorsi if the boat has no gauges. Mike's prop-slip gauge is a must-have.

You don't say how much experience you have with big cats but you might also consider taking a driver's course. It will knock 10% off your BIG insurance bill too.

Last edited by Catmando; 08-07-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome

Plenty of info on this site. Keep us updated on your build.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
welcome aboard ! have you really seen so much bashing to bescared of being new here????

don't worry ! it should not be that bad!

welcome again!
hi,jeff..im jack,from mirabel
Old 08-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome to OSO!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Smile Oso!

Jeff, welcome to OSO..!!

Keep us updated on your progress with the 33 !....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.