Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Weather report is looking VERY GOOD for "Smoke On the Water"... >

Weather report is looking VERY GOOD for "Smoke On the Water"...

Notices

Weather report is looking VERY GOOD for "Smoke On the Water"...

Old 06-06-2002, 05:03 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts
Talking

Its called Stress Test...its all Blue and yellow with a white top....and says "Have Fun Stay Single" across the back! Looking forward to meeting everone!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I actually got a slip just today at North Shore Marina. But now for the sad news. I can't go. I'm pretty sure the ignition module blew in the port motor. I had had problems with that very thing on the starboard side when the boat was new. Now its happened on the port side.....damn....was looking forward to making the crossing. If anybody wants my slip at North Shore shoot me an email. I can tell what the slip number is and you can use it.

Have fun everyone.

Todd
Old 06-06-2002, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Consintracy----sorry to hear about your problem...how expensive are ignition modules? Is it a stock Merc part? Wished you could replace it soon enough to make it over. What kind of AT do you have?
Old 06-06-2002, 11:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kaama,

That was me, Todd, posting under Tracy's id. i didn't realize she had logged on. Ignition aren't that expensive. It's been a few years since I had to replace one but I think they're only a hundred bucks or so...if that. Anyways, I'll get it back running this weekend. You guys all have fun for Tracy and I.

Todd K.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:59 AM
Registered

Hey Todd, thought that might be you but wasn't exactly sure---sorry that you can't make it this time. Not sure if I would have run into you while you were over here but if I did it sure would have been nice to have met you---been seeing you on the board now for almost the past two years. Perhpas I will meet you this summer yet----my boat is in the boat hospital having major surgery done. Hopefully it'll be done by the end of June/begining of July---hey, it only costs $$$ ----right? And I am having to definately lay down some MAJOR SMACK!!! But I love being out there on the water----it's a different world out there for me and that's where I find some fun & escape. I like cruising on Lake Michigan down to Warren Dunes (some people refer to it as "Tower Hill") it's about 20 miles south of St. Joseph. The beach is excellent and those dunes are HUGE down there---lots of Indiana & Chicago people are usually down there because it is so big. It's just north of New Buffalo by about 4-5 miles or so. Anyway, I like throwing the anchor about 50 yards outside of the swimming zone---there's a few sand bars out there that are only about 5-6 feet deep and when you look down you can see the sandy bottom---nothing but ripples and ripples of sand. I love swimming out there while starring up at those big sand dunes. Of course there are lots of spots like that along the West Michigan shoreline---that just happens to be one of my favorite spots. there's another spot just north of there by about 5 miles called "Grand Mere" that has HUGE dunes as well. It's about one mile north of the Cook Nuclear Plant. A lot of boaters like to go there because there is no access or parking for cars to get to it---therefore the boaters can back there vessels right up to the beach without getting in trouble or kicked off the beach for anchoring there. Still, there are several spots along the shoreline that you can do that as well---just NOT on public beaches/parks because of the swimming zones obviously. I just love that though---it is so much fun and very relaxing. And when I cruise I usaully hug the shoreline----just have to watch out for all the jet skiers and wind surfers----many of them DO NOT pay close enough attention or are not aware of their surroundings well enough while they're out there---it's like they seem to have tunnel vission. I know you do most of your boating over near Chicago or the west side of Lake Michigan---I boated over from Michigan City to Chicago last year (Labor Day weekend) with a friend of mine whose boat is called "Conquest" (a black/white 38' Scarab flat deck) and we had a nice time over there---only stayed a few hours and it was a beautiful day for boating (1-3 footers). Anyway Todd, hope to run into you sometime soon.

I'm wipped and going to hit the rack---

Mark

Last edited by KAAMA; 06-07-2002 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-07-2002, 08:20 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark you boat sick or what?????you need some time on the water before you loose it!I think I'm going to walk through the marina in G.H tonight and run down to watch the start after lunch on saturday. I think the boat is full on saturday(sister-in-law and husband) but got room Sunday if you want to ride along give me a call.
Don
Old 06-07-2002, 02:08 PM
Registered

DYNO, thanks for the offer, but can't do it for Saturday---too much other stuff going on. BUT I will be there this evening at the main SOTW mooring area walking up & down the boardwalk to get an eye full of all the neat hardware that'll be there. Hope too see you.

Mark
Old 06-07-2002, 02:16 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts
Thumbs up

CardShark, SidebySide, And StressTest have all arrived!!!
I will be arriving up there at Grand Haven tomorrow morning (maybe even tonight if i feel like the midnight drive!!!)
Stop by and say HI! or if anyone see's me sleeping inside a black Jeep Grand Cherokee woth an OSO sticker on the back window....wake me UP!!! I dont want to miss the poker run!!! LOL!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!