looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull >

looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull

Notices

looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull

Old 08-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont really mind less cockpit space... I just need it to be a stand-up boat. Didn't put that in the criteria because I imagined at this size range that would have been implicit.

Can anyone shed some light on the Sunsation's bottom design?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:10 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

28TS Pantera w/ Stagger Blown SBCs(700hp a side) 3 Man Bolster configuration.
Easy trailer boat too.

They could do a BBC too, i believe they have.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Easy trailer boat too.

Sorry for not being up on the offshore lingo... What does BBC mean? What does the British news channel have to do with any of this?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 348SStb
Sorry for not being up on the offshore lingo... What does BBC mean? What does the British news channel have to do with any of this?
Big Block Chevy
Old 08-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Easy trailer boat too.

Did you mean twin bh block chevy's staggered or a single big block?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

[
Can anyone shed some light on the Sunsation's bottom design?[/QUOTE]

Call Joe at the factory (810) 794-4888. I'm sure he will be more than happy to answer your questions. I know they switched to a double step in 2006 and added a small pad around 2008.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 348SStb
While I realize I should take a ride in the boat, every time I ask someone whose ridden in a Fountain lightning, I'm told it runs like dogsh*t. Poor manners at high speed, a pig to plane off, etc. Not to get off topic - I thought I'd just mention it.
Not sure who you are talking to about the ride in a Fountain. By your response, I can only assume you have not ridden in one.
Most performance V's do not jump on plane, some better some worse, high X's and large pitch props contribute to that.
Runs like dog****? one of the most efficient hulls going in any size. Compare speeds with equal power in same size boats. Fountains are usually as fast if not faster.
Poor manners at high speed? I have never had one of my Fountains do anything unpredicable at high speed.
Most people who ride in ours have never been over 100 mph on the water, usually their first remark is how stable the boat was, and didnt even feel like you were going that fast.
Many great manufacturers to chose from, few fit you needs, go water test yourself instead of relying on second hand information.
But since you own many faster, bigger boats, you probably all ready knew that.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Not sure who you are talking to about the ride in a Fountain. By your response, I can only assume you have not ridden in one.
Most performance V's do not jump on plane, some better some worse, high X's and large pitch props contribute to that.
Runs like dog****? one of the most efficient hulls going in any size. Compare speeds with equal power in same size boats. Fountains are usually as fast if not faster.
Poor manners at high speed? I have never had one of my Fountains do anything unpredicable at high speed.
Most people who ride in ours have never been over 100 mph on the water, usually their first remark is how stable the boat was, and didnt even feel like you were going that fast.
Many great manufacturers to chose from few fit you needs, go water test yourself instead of relying on second hand information.
I said that I haven't ridden in a Lightning.

I've ridden in plenty of older fountains in the early 90s which obviously cannot compare.

I own several skaters and also a large vee-bottom powerboat. I know speed. I take what others say into consideration and when I repeat it, I repeat it in the manner in which I did here - I state that I am repeating what I am told.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:43 AM
British member!
VIP Member

We do a mono 33'10" from the tip of the bow to the transom although with the bustle it's a bit longer - 525's or Ilmor's with your choice of drives - full cockpit or open with a screen, no problem doing the stagger either.

We only build race boats or race boats for leisure use and although we're a little bit further away from you than the competition you wouldn't see many like it!

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
I think you can order the Sunsation 32 as a stagger too. You are just getting less cocpit space.

If you really want a 120+ on 700-725 hp motors. Buy an Outerlimits 40SV.
You cannot get staggered in a 32 Sunny but you can in their 36. I would go with their 36 if you are wanting to run over 100 MPH. Here is a 36 with staggered 700's that I rode in at LOTO in June at the STT Poker Run.
Attached Thumbnails looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull-36pit.jpg   looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull-36mills.jpg   looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull-36-bow.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.