Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull >

looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull

Notices

looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull

Old 08-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With a full length cabin and a side by side twin 525 EFI set up this 41' will run right at 85-86 MPH on GPS. It is a BIG 41' without the platform. Out in the ocean is where it really shows its true potential. We do offer it with a staggered engine set up ( unlimited HP ) and # 6 drives.

Originally Posted by Chris
WOW! gorgeous Jo! how did it run with the 525's side by side?
Attached Thumbnails looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull-095.jpg   looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull-144.jpg   looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull-101.jpg  

looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull-img_7948.jpg   looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull-img_8078.jpg  

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 08-11-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
I didn't think they did any staggered 28s? I guess Jo will let us know for sure.
We have not built a staggered engine 28' YET. Would like to do it with a pair of 600-650 HP small blocks. My Father and I have been talking about it for years.

JO
Old 08-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Not sure who you are talking to about the ride in a Fountain. By your response, I can only assume you have not ridden in one.
Most performance V's do not jump on plane, some better some worse, high X's and large pitch props contribute to that.
Runs like dog****? one of the most efficient hulls going in any size. Compare speeds with equal power in same size boats. Fountains are usually as fast if not faster.
Poor manners at high speed? I have never had one of my Fountains do anything unpredicable at high speed.
Most people who ride in ours have never been over 100 mph on the water, usually their first remark is how stable the boat was, and didnt even feel like you were going that fast.
Many great manufacturers to chose from, few fit you needs, go water test yourself instead of relying on second hand information.
But since you own many faster, bigger boats, you probably all ready knew that.

Well put. The Fountains I have had have been very predictable at speed. Though mine will not run past 100 it is near flawless up to and slightly past 90. Have been in the staggered version of this hull past 100 and it did not change the character one little bit. I have been in 35's from other manufacturers that I can not say the same for.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real offshore boat

This boat, from Banana Shark UK, is the dogs bollocks. ( that is a good thing - translated for the USA ) It is built in a single mould, and emerges as a completed deck and hull. As there is no join of deck and hull, it is lighter for the same strength. Stupidly light for the size of boat, it has space for twin 525's and this should easily get you the ton. It is also properly designed for real sea, not a pond boat.....
Old 08-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Registered

Old 08-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are the biggest steps I've ever seen.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Registered

My Lavey Craft is a 29', listed as such, total length is 30' 5", so NOT ALL lie, but most!

Originally Posted by Todd Hartigh
Actually, yes...kinda...

The old 32 running length minus the platform was just under 30' which is why they were able to run the F1 class.

The newer 32's are I beleive 3" longer ?. That is what allowed them to run in the F2 class. Also the new 32's are not 32', they are 31'-7".
They all lie!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by verytricky
This boat, from Banana Shark UK, is the dogs bollocks. ( that is a good thing - translated for the USA ) It is built in a single mould, and emerges as a completed deck and hull. As there is no join of deck and hull, it is lighter for the same strength. Stupidly light for the size of boat, it has space for twin 525's and this should easily get you the ton. It is also properly designed for real sea, not a pond boat.....
It runs really well too. What other boat 34' with a pair of 260hp 4 cylinder diesels can run 70 mph?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by verytricky
how much is the open top pleasure version??...whats the cabin like??
Old 08-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Registered

There are some pics of the open version in the build thread here:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...nce-racer.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.