Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
full boat covers, who makes good ones at fair price? >

full boat covers, who makes good ones at fair price?

Notices

full boat covers, who makes good ones at fair price?

Old 08-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full boat covers, who makes good ones at fair price?

i need a new full boat cover for my boat, i bought a cheap one a few years ago and the water just goes right through it so its pretty useless!!

anyway who makes a decent full cover (bow to stern) that is reasonable priced. a universal fit cover is also fine for my needs its just to keep the rain out while my boat is on the side of my house, no snaps needed either. i have a cockpit cover also but i usually keep the full cover on the boat to keep the red stripe on my boat from fading and to keep the bird crap off the bow!!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsxr1216
i need a new full boat cover for my boat, i bought a cheap one a few years ago and the water just goes right through it so its pretty useless!!

anyway who makes a decent full cover (bow to stern) that is reasonable priced. a universal fit cover is also fine for my needs its just to keep the rain out while my boat is on the side of my house, no snaps needed either. i have a cockpit cover also but i usually keep the full cover on the boat to keep the red stripe on my boat from fading and to keep the bird crap off the bow!!
Check out www.iboats.com !!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always buy my full length covers from www.boatersland.com. They seem to have the best prices around for Taylor Made universal covers. I paid just under $200 for a 26' cover for my Velocity. I used the same cover (different color) for my Baja as well. I had 3 seasons on my Baja cover when I sold it with the boat. I have 2 seasons on my Velocity Cover and it still looks new. It breaths well and as long as there is a pole keeping a peak in the cover, I have never had an issue with water. I have even had the pole fall over and the cover pool up with water and it didn't saturate the cover. IMO the best bang for the buck cover out there. I also suggest their universal quick disconnect strap kit. It allows you to simply pull the straps around the trailer rail and snap together (very similar to the fastneres on most life jackets)
Old 08-10-2011, 05:48 AM
Registered

when i bought this last cover i looked at both of those sites but they didnt list anything for my boat..

guess ill need to call them and talk to a human!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Both are good sites for covers, IF they carry your model boat, which neither list Hustler! That's ok, I just bought a custom built Hustler 388 cover from Strip poker 388, just waiting for it to show up. Good luck in finding 1 for your boat.
Dean
Old 08-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Try this link http://baldmikes.com/ I bought from him earlier this summer and it seems to be a good cover and it was the cheapest price I could find.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.discountboatcover.com/Def...p?Redirected=Y
try these guys they are cheaper than anybody even iboats and have the same covers. They are warrantied for 5 years and are made by Carver. Good material not that crappy cotton cheap stuff.

Free shipping and straps as well
Old 08-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are any of these waterproof covers light weight? I'm looking for a light weight cover that will keep the rain and sun out, yet something I dont have to man-handle... I'm guessing something like this would be a light weight polyester(???). Preferably something with a vent or two in it as well. I already have a heavy weight full cover, but it's a pain in the azz to deal with weekly when I'm just looking for something to keep the sun and sh!t out while not in use.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Are any of these waterproof covers light weight? I'm looking for a light weight cover that will keep the rain and sun out, yet something I dont have to man-handle... I'm guessing something like this would be a light weight polyester(???). Preferably something with a vent or two in it as well. I already have a heavy weight full cover, but it's a pain in the azz to deal with weekly when I'm just looking for something to keep the sun and sh!t out while not in use.
Yeah I have one what I described earlier its polyester and doesnt not let any water through. IF you wanted a vent you would have to do a pull vent as they dont come pre vented. Mine is not super heavy I mean its still 30ft of material, but I dont struggle doint it my self.

Descent enough cover would I tow with it maybe not, does it keep the sun and water off the boat and not in the boat and not look bad, YES.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxr1216
when i bought this last cover i looked at both of those sites but they didnt list anything for my boat..

guess ill need to call them and talk to a human!
They didn't list Velocity either. I used a "Semi-custom" cover desigend for a performance cuddy cabin. I may have even looked up a newer Baja of same length.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.