Stereo Head Units?  GPS Chartplotter XM >

Stereo Head Units? GPS Chartplotter XM

Notices

Stereo Head Units? GPS Chartplotter XM

Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stereo Head Units? GPS Chartplotter XM

Looking for some input. I installed a new stereo system last year, sounds great, but I hate the functionality of my current head unit. I let the installer talk me into a run of the mill Pioneer (not marine). I really want something that sounds great, has a dedicated full I-Pod connection, XM/Sirius ready, and set up for multiple full function remotes. My mounting location is in the cabin, I need full control from the helm via remote, and want a full function remote on the stern so I am not climbing in and out of the boat 1000 times a day. The only thing I have seen so far that looks like what I want is the Alpine ida-1000. Anyone have one and like it, or can point me to something similar.

I am also wondering if anyone is using their GPS for XM/Sirius input. I see a lot of them say they are compatible, but they dont give a lot of info on how to do it or if it will interface with a stereo head unit. I am in the market for a new GPS too, so would like to get one that will do XM and save on mounting an extra antenna.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

duplicate

Last edited by gare; 03-05-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered

I've got two Alpine 9886s on a JL Audio system. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a unit that will suit your needs better than the ida-1000. I think Alpine is about the only one left that has a RF remote available. I'm driving multiple amps so all the pre-amp outs that the Alpine has really simpified set up.
I'm curious who your dealing with in eastern MI. If it's Soundwaves in Clinton Township, GOOD LUCK. I found it very frustrating and it won't ever happen again. I ended up having my credit card company and the BBB involved. My CC company had to square it up for me
Old 03-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Registered

I'm about to install Sony head unit in cabin with the wired remotes outside tied into a Lowrance HDS-5 chartplotter flush mounted where my speedo was located. I still think the Lowrance requires an additional/optional antenna for "sirius weather radar/Sirius music".
Old 03-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ALPINE!!!!!!! only way to go and their remotes are the best i have seen!!! i have been around mobile audio since my early teens and i can say that the alpine marine stuff is top notch, i cant recomend it enough! i have the cda-9886M with 2 remotes
Old 03-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gare
I've got two Alpine 9886s on a JL Audio system. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a unit that will suit your needs better than the ida-1000. I think Alpine is about the only one left that has a RF remote available. I'm driving multiple amps so all the pre-amp outs that the Alpine has really simpified set up.
I'm curious who your dealing with in eastern MI. If it's Soundwaves in Clinton Township, GOOD LUCK. I found it very frustrating and it won't ever happen again. I ended up having my credit card company and the BBB involved. My CC company had to square it up for me
I almost used them but found someone local to do it at the last minute. Had issues there as well though. I am running a full J/L system too, great stuff, but had a hard time getting the products I wanted. I am still running one amp that I didnt want, but since it sounds good and I never paid for the other model I may just keep it now.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

hot... how many watts do you have?
Old 03-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

Can anyone tell me the difference between the different remotes that Alpine offers . Their web site isnt very helpful. The offer the MC1, MC2, and each of them in a kit form, but dont tell you what you get as a kit, or the difference between the 2 models.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigboat28
hot... how many watts do you have?
Old 03-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I am currenty putting in a iDA-X100M. A guy I know has the same stereo. It sounds and works great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.