Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Labor estimates:  K-plane and helm unit install >

Labor estimates: K-plane and helm unit install

Notices

Labor estimates: K-plane and helm unit install

Old 06-06-2002, 01:04 PM
kook

Question Labor estimates: K-plane and helm unit install

Looking to get some idea of what is a reasonable rate (east coast) for removal of (small) Bennett tabs and installing 280S K-planes and pumps.

Also looking to get an idea of what to pay (labor) for installation of hydraulic helm unit (converting tie-in to full hydraulic).

I'm not interested in what needs to be done for each job - the jobs have already been done. Trying to determine what the going rates are for these jobs.

thanks,

Mark

Old 06-06-2002, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mark,
Just had my bennetts removed and had K- Planes installed last week. My engines were out of boat and job cost me $1200.
Hope that helps.
Bruce
Old 06-06-2002, 02:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

BruceK,
Did that include the $$ of the K-planes?
MD
Old 06-06-2002, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

No, that was deinstall and install only. I had it done at Marine performance. In fact I put on a pair of Eikerts Tabs instead of K Planes
Old 06-06-2002, 02:45 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

hwo much are the eikerts tabs? I am considering a pair of EMI tabs becasue I can get them pretty cheap new and my quest for decent used k-planes was a failure.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

BruceK,
Great choice of riggers!! I used Marine Performance last year to re-rig my 280 velocity with an HP500 w/ Eickert Exhaust, KE Full Hydraulic steering and 280S K-planes. They installed a fresh water flush, tab indicators, and Shotgun III mufflers also. The John and John show @ Marine Performance have ALOT of experince in ULTRA Hi-Perf. Marine rigging and design. Did you see the 55' Callen twin turbine boat there? They designed it, had Jaguar Marine layup the boat and they rigged it! They have another project coming that is going to blow EVERYTHING away! John Cosker is one of my best friends, very, very, smart naval Architech. Did you see the picture in the office of John Pompi driving a 35' Cig.? Did you see who is standing next to John? Don Aronow!! Pompi learned from one of the best in the business!! Do you have the Black 32' Sunsation, or am I confusing you with someone else?
Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 06-06-2002 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'm pretty sure the new Eikerts go for at least $3500. I got these used and Powder Coated them to match the boat. I was looking at the EMI's and really thought they were nice and priced pretty good too.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yes Dean, that was my Black Sunsation. And that Callan is pretty damn incredible. The cockpit is more like a space shuttle then a boat. Apparently their going to build another for him but its going to be a cat.
Were you at the shop? Did you see my boat? I just put the new motors in and hopefully will be water testing tonight.
Old 06-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

BruceK,
No, I haven't been to the "Shop" since the APBA races, but I kinda figured it out what your boat was through your posts and your address! I seen you and Shor' chat about your boat. The Callen Cat is already built and they are getting ready it with "THE POWER" and it will be just as incredible as the V-bottom if not more so. What power are you putting back in your boat?
MD
BTW, Good luck testing tonight! Where do you run, in the St Johns or over in the ICW?

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 06-06-2002 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-06-2002, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I built some 502's that dyno'd just above 550hp each. I'm looking for reliability and some pretty good speed. Infact, I'm leaving now to go water test. Hoping to see the 90 mark. Ended up replacing just about everything in the engine compartment and transon over the past 4 months. So glad to see it coming to a close and looking forward to boating again.

Quick Reply: Labor estimates: K-plane and helm unit install

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.