Notices

Emerald coast accident

Old 08-16-2011, 12:35 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by metryman505
i was there with a group of people on the beach in destin where the accident took place,im glad there were no injureys.But i must say some people shouldnt be behind the wheel of a fast boat, and the person driving that boat could have done more damage or harm to somebody. That accident was caused by reckless driving.There was no reason for that to happen all he had to was pull back on the throttles. You see big boat you see big waves.He was driving the boat like a jet ski!
Thats pretty ballsy for a 1st statement.. When your running a boat that is running anything over 65 **** happens real fast.. I have been tossed out of my boat at about 70, I saw the waves coming, was off the stick well before we even made the waves.. Nothing else I could have done, does that mean I am a idiot or reckless driver?? No, **** happens.. It is a risk that anyone who has a boat that runs big mph takes each and every time they go out.. It is the morons who have a bigger bank account then brains that get these boats and act like total fools, that give the people who actual know wth their doing a bad name.. If you were not the driver or in the boat, you have no idea of what happened, just what you saw, speculation.. Big cruisers throw big waves, usually the owners never look back.. Glad every body is ok...

John jr
Old 08-16-2011, 12:40 AM
Registered

Glad you are OK! I flew a 25 Talon at 110 due to a roller from a barge. I just did not see it. Yes it was an O Sh-t moment. I was wearing my life line jacket.
I think you need to buy a lottery ticket!

Be Well
Old 08-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Close call! Glad to hear everyone is OK!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Registered

Sorry about the accident but very glad you are both ok.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Glad everyone is OK.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Defiantly worthy of a “And they walked away video” That’s all I’ll say right now.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Registered

I'm impressed that you have "man'd up" and not blamed no-one but yourself.
He made mistakes and owned up to it (something not seen enough these day's) and thankfully no outside parties nor yourselves were seriously injured or now a statistic. Everyone makes mistakes, it's THOSE who don't learn from them or think THEY are incapable of making them that are the real hazards in every aspect of life.

I'm sure it will affect you in a positive way here on out. Plus in turn many of us can learn some things from it with you owning up as well. That's the first, but huge positive to come out a very negative happening.
Good luck in everyones recovery.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Nowhere in this thread did you say the accident was the cruiser's fault. Chances are, he has no clue how the accident happened. However, if he saw it and did not stop to help ... shame on him. Regardless of how you may or may not have operating your boat. That's more than a captain's obligation. It's a human obligation to help when people need it.

I don't blame you for being curious. I would be, too.

Sounds like you and your passengers survived one nasty and potentially lethal wreck. I'm generally not a "higher power" kind of guy, but something was watching over you.

So glad to hear you are all OK.
Matt,

I think the law or federal law or maritime law says a boat is responsible for it's own wake or the damage it causes to person or property. Not to say people should drive there boat in a reckless manner but that goes for cruisers also. A big wake in a poker run area is a disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited by blume; 08-16-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
Matt,

I think the law or federal law or maritime law says a boat is responsible for it's own wake or the damage it causes to person or property. Not to say people should drive there boat in a reckless manner but that goes for cruisers also. A big wake in a poker run area is a disaster waiting to happen.
100% agree
Old 08-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racer-x6
Defiantly worthy of a “And they walked away video” That’s all I’ll say right now.
I going to guess you have video...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.