Miami Vice Boat Going On The Block ! >

Miami Vice Boat Going On The Block !

Notices

Miami Vice Boat Going On The Block !

Old 08-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by machloosy
I really struggle with that boat being worth 125K... Even original it just doesn't seem like the market will support it. Curious to see what the auction brings
+2. You can buy A LOT of boat for $125k right now!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, $125K can get you a long way right now. The Miami Vice thing is cool but what kind of hard value does it really carry. The boat is old no matter how you cut it. Even if its got new power, drives, etc. its still heavy and its viens are still as old as the boat (ie wiring, hidden hoses, probably at least some of the cables). IMHO its probably priced 40%-50% higher than its actual value.......... but its a crazy world; maybe there will be someone who can't live without it. Meacum auctions operate with reserve pricing, so I'll bet it doesn't sell because it won't hit the reserve............
Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sure seems high, but you never know what's going to happen at auction. I've seen some crazy prices for boats that the Mecum event in St. Cloud.

If it goes, I'd doubt it would be the buyer's only boat. It'll probably get run a few times per year just for the cool factor. The buyer will have a deep pockets and other boats.

It'll give me a reason to watch the auction on HD network.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I read where it was in Maryland for a bit. Would this have been the one that was on a lift on the Rhodes River back in the late 80's? Maybe belonged to the people who owned Curtis Propeller?

...old school? spicy?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is one iconic boat, but the price seems way high. With famous vehicles and boats though, all it take is the right fan fanatic to scoop it up.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

It really pains me to see all the crap about the boat not being worth what he is asking for it ............ There is probably $70,000 in new motors alone ,not counting new transmissions,new headers ,and complete rebuilds on the drives.
That boat was taken down to its stringers and almost everything that was put back in to the boat was was brand new or new and better than original,including the wiring and gauges !!!
Too bad most people don't have a clue about what it costs to complete a rebuild of a boat from the ground up or the money to do it in the first place....

Jim
Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cigboat1
It really pains me to see all the crap about the boat not being worth what he is asking for it ............ There is probably $70,000 in new motors alone ,not counting new transmissions,new headers ,and complete rebuilds on the drives.
That boat was taken down to its stringers and almost everything that was put back in to the boat was was brand new or new and better than original,including the wiring and gauges !!!
Too bad most people don't have a clue about what it costs to complete a rebuild of a boat from the ground up or the money to do it in the first place....

Jim
Has nothing to do with having a clue. Unfortunately these old boats are a terrible place to spend money.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 3,010 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by TxHawk
Has nothing to do with having a clue. Unfortunately these old boats are a terrible place to spend money.
X2...I'd say most people on this thread and on this board know the cost of maintaining and repairing a boat let alone the enormous cost of restoring. Has nothing to do with having a clue, has everything to due with the fact you NEVER get even near the dollar amount you put into a project like this. Boats are depreciating assets, doesn't matter if you gold plate that thing, it's still a 25 year old boat.

Not saying this boat isn't "worth" the asking price. it's just a matter of economics including the poor economy, age of the boat, banks aren't loaning, etc. etc. The proof is in the pudding...That boats been for sale for a LOOOOOONG time.

Best of luck to the seller. I love the KV Scarabs and that is one sweet example of one.

My guess is it'll sell for the what the motors are worth if theres truly no reserve.

Last edited by thisistank; 08-15-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

It may be worth 125k to the seller, but that does not matter. What matters is how much its worth to someone who wants to buy it. Its a cool piece of boat an TV history and it would be great if it sold to someone that has the cash and can appreciate it. Realistically though, I doubt it will sell for half that price.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by texaschopper
I read where it was in Maryland for a bit. Would this have been the one that was on a lift on the Rhodes River back in the late 80's? Maybe belonged to the people who owned Curtis Propeller?

...old school? spicy?
I don't think this is the same boat. Ray repowered with 500efi's / Bravos and got some paint work done before selling it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.