Notices

Barnegat Bay Hotspots?

Old 06-07-2002, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd make sure to tie up to the patio barjust inside the Manasquan Inlet. Beer and bar food out on the deck, more formal dining inside at either the Wharfside or Lobster Shanty. I was at the Patio bar yesterday, and had a great time. As far as a place for the kid's, the boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach is much more family friendly, although I may be a bit impartial, as I lived there for 25 years or so. Another fun boat place is near the top of Barnaget bay. Just as you get through the Point Pleasant Canal, Head south for about a mile, you'll approach the Mantoloking Bridge. Just before the bridge on on the right, you'll see the opening for the F-cove(yep, shaped like an F). Usually get 50+ boats there on the weekend. Pull up on the side, break out the party\picnic gear. Boats also tend to anchor just off of Treasure Island (which Frank mentioned). Robert Louis Stevenson lived on the river when he wrote the novel of the same name. Hope you get some good weather for your vaca.

McGary

Last edited by McGary911; 06-07-2002 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-07-2002, 05:30 PM
djm
Registered

Check out maptech.com it's a great site. They have online satellite photos. Click on Online charts and then Nav Photo. F-cove's Lat and Long is 40 02 39N 74 03 32W.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:28 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't leave out the Pilot House @ the very end of the Metedeconk River. Head west till you get to the end and follow to your right as you pass Windward Beach. Stay between the markers. I popped in the F-Cove this weekend. Open exhaust on my outboards woke a few people up. OOps! Sorry Enjoy your stay!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-07-2002, 08:17 PM
Registered

Check out the F cove just north and to the left of the Mantalokin bridge. go past the first marina after the bridge its the first cut after the marina
Old 06-08-2002, 07:03 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks everyone! This will give me a big head start. It's been over 20 years since I've been to the boardalks, and I am really looking foward to taking my twin girls there. I sure have great memories of down there as a kid. We use to stay at Chadwick Beach. Does anyone remember the old double decker bus that use to be there? I 'll check in when I get up to NJ to see if anyone else has any ideas. What about getting gas on the water any place better than others? Thanks again everyone!!
Old 06-08-2002, 07:10 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Drum Point Marina They help out NJPPC alot and last weekend made a nice donation to Doug Lewis for his treatment. They are located on the North side of the Barnegat Bay before going into Kettle Creek they are on the right.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !