A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure >

A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure

Notices

A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure

Old 08-18-2011, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Bob, if the NT is still in FL what do you use when your home in Canada? I thought you took it home with you.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wananewboat
Bob, if the NT is still in FL what do you use when your home in Canada? I thought you took it home with you.
It's complicated. LOL The Nor Tech stays in Florida unless off to the Islands. I have a Formula 292 that stays in Canada at the cottage and is used on the smaller lakes and then a Donzi 38ZR that is used mostly on the Great Lakes. Donzi also goes to FL in winter so I'm not boatless in FL when NT is down in the Islands. Will go back and forth to Caribbean again in Feb - June like last year. Like I said, it's complicated and also a bit crazy.
Attached Thumbnails A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure-donzi.jpg   A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure-formula.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 08-18-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

1) & 2) Corals around the pilings.

3) The ferry to Key West left about an hour before us. We caught up and passed it about 20 miles out from Key West. That or the seaplane are great ways to get to and from the Dry Tortugas from KW if too rough for your boat.

4) Jay trying out the new harness he will use when shooting from a boat or helicopter to get extreme shots. Talk about a "Weekend at Bernie's" moment. LOL When Jay was hanging over the side to get that pic of the side of Team PREDATOR in motion we were a bit anxious. Had he gone overboard the Democrats on board wanted us to stop for him while the Republicans wanted to keep going. LOL ( joking, Jay LOL )

5) Group shot after breakfast at Pepe's before departute for Marco Island.
Attached Thumbnails A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure-dt100.jpg   A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure-dt101.jpg   A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure-dt104.jpg  

A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure-dt105.jpg   A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure-dt106.jpg  
Old 08-18-2011, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Great trip Bob!! I was on the other side for a few days boating from Miami to Ocean Reef, Gilberts , Smugglers Inn and basically goofing off. Stayed one night in Miami and three nights at Ocean Reef. Nice place to hang out by the way!! Maybe 200 + miles and made it back to TNT where the Cig lives. If you do a East side run to Bahamas let me know and maybe I could get a crew together and go.
Sounds like you had a nice trip, Jim. We can do the Bahamas thing, I just need to figure out a good time. Also give some thought to shipping the Cigarette to St Thomas with me in Feb and I will show you around down in the Islands. An experience you will never forget. We will talk when I see you in November or sooner.

Bob
Old 08-18-2011, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bill63
Looks like a great trip glad you guys had fun, already thinking about takeing the Nor-tech back south won't be long..
Looking forward to getting together with you this fall, Bill. October will be here before we know it !!

Bob
Old 08-20-2011, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here is a link to my Flickr page where anyone interested can view a compilation of 38 pictures I put together. Click on slideshow is a great way to view. Enjoy.
Bob

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2099098...7627477807178/
Old 08-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice thread, with living in Jupiter Fl. over 35 years recently completed 27th year consecutive fishing trip to Rosies @ Grand island just south of Walkers,,,,,,,, It is truly good for what ails ya,,,,,,,,, If floating around Jupiter Oct 29-23 consider we are having 4th OFF get to-gether alot of old racers (and young) have a great time, Everyone invited
Old 08-20-2011, 05:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by gofish 7070
Very nice thread, with living in Jupiter Fl. over 35 years recently completed 27th year consecutive fishing trip to Rosies @ Grand island just south of Walkers,,,,,,,, It is truly good for what ails ya,,,,,,,,, If floating around Jupiter Oct 29-23 consider we are having 4th OFF get to-gether alot of old racers (and young) have a great time, Everyone invited
Thank you. I'm sure you have some amazing pictures of the Bahamas and interesting stories to go along with them. Nice to see OFF ( Old Farts Forever ) ( I think ) still getting together. While I hate to admit I am old, I probably do qualify in that sense.

Bob
Old 08-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Bob, thanks for sharing with all of us. I want to be you when I grow up.

You need to write a sport boat cruising memoir so that all of us Bob "wanna bees" can one day follow your steps.

Can't wait to see what you have instore next.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Here is a link to my Flickr page where anyone interested can view a compilation of 38 pictures I put together. Click on slideshow is a great way to view. Enjoy.
Bob

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2099098...7627477807178/
Bob,

Thats a real nice set of pictures.

Good color, nice framing, and good composition.

Shots DT16 & DT17, very nice!