Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Courious...how are these boats? (Envision) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/260532-courious-how-these-boats-envision.html)

Nate5.0 08-18-2011 06:05 AM

Courious...how are these boats? (Envision)

I am in the market to buy here soon and have been pretty dead set on either of these.

A. Velocity 260 or 280

B. 25' Baja Outlaw or 272

I have more preferance to the Velocity for overall quality but either would be good.

That all said i ran cross this today.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41388-en.html

this boat has low hours, newer, nice layout, and a good size power plant. The lines are a bit odd on it but if a boat has everything and the ONLY downfall is a not ugly but a odd look i.could deal with it.

I have found a Velocity i really want but i would like to know about these boats as it seems like to much boat for that price without a reason why that are that cheap.

So just curious if anyone has any info on them is really it, still think a Velocity or a Baja is the way to go though.

4bus 08-18-2011 06:25 AM

Not an apples to apples comparison. The envision is more of a "sport cruiser" than the velocity or 25 ol.

Velocity will give you the most speed oit of these choices, very fast single engine boat. Very little room in cabin or deck.

The Baja 25 ol performs fairly well all around, and is safe and stable for new perfomance boaters. The 272 adds creature comforts, and a molded swim platform not found on the outlaw. also has more daytime room than the 25.

The envsion will have the most room...deck and cuddy, it will also be the slowest with that SB engine. I would guess the envision to be a 45 mph boat with that power.

Nate5.0 08-18-2011 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by 4bus (Post 3482017)
Not an apples to apples comparison. The envision is more of a "sport cruiser" than the velocity or 25 ol.

Velocity will give you the most speed oit of these choices, very fast single engine boat. Very little room in cabin or deck.

The Baja 25 ol performs fairly well all around, and is safe and stable for new perfomance boaters. The 272 adds creature comforts, and a molded swim platform not found on the outlaw. also has more daytime room than the 25.

The envsion will have the most room...deck and cuddy, it will also be the slowest with that SB engine. I would guess the envision to be a 45 mph boat with that power.

Ok that answers a lot....thank you.

I am not huge on tons of room that's why i prefer the Velocity and its speed/quality over the Baja.

I wont ever be sleeping in the boat and am not one to have at most 5 people including myself on the boat. Not saying i would not take a Baja but people are asking way to much for them (for the most part) and i can find a Velocity of same size for a bit less or so it seems.

I have said though that what everone falls into my lap when cash is in hand will be the one i get (baja or Velocity).

Thank you for the clear up on that, i definately need more than 45mph out of a boat. It is nice but not for me, thanks again.

Dave M 08-18-2011 06:58 AM

A '29 boat with a single SBC? That thing probably can't get out of it's own way. When looking for a boat, keep in mind that you WILL sell it someday. I think resale on that boat would be tough.

As for your other boats of interest, I would chose the Velocity 280. After you buy, you are going to want to go faster. It's alot easier to make a Velocity faster than a Baja.

Nate5.0 08-18-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 3482038)
A '29 boat with a single SBC? That thing probably can't get out of it's own way. When looking for a boat, keep in mind that you WILL sell it someday. I think resale on that boat would be tough.

As for your other boats of interest, I would chose the Velocity 280. After you buy, you are going to want to go faster. It's alot easier to make a Velocity faster than a Baja.

Ya the Velocity of intrest right now is a 280...i would be ok with a 260 to get started as well but a 280 will be prefered. I want to stay single engine for a bit and figured when the bug for more power comes a nice S/C set up would be the next step.

For now an all factory/stock boat is what i want....maybe a prop and exhaust but that's it for the time being even though i know it wont last.

36Envision 08-18-2011 07:38 AM

Envision is an outstanding rough water, strong boat. However, if you are really concerned about speed then it isn't your best choice for a boat. It needs bigger power to run fast. They are great boats for comfortable cruising around and for additional space. Let me know if you have other questions. I am very familiar with them. They are popular at LOTO due to choppy water conditions.

Nate5.0 08-18-2011 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by 36Envision (Post 3482080)
Envision is an outstanding rough water, strong boat. However, if you are really concerned about speed then it isn't your best choice for a boat. It needs bigger power to run fast. They are great boats for comfortable cruising around and for additional space. Let me know if you have other questions. I am very familiar with them. They are popular at LOTO due to choppy water conditions.

Ok cool.

Speed is going to be a factor. Sadley though rough water will be too as i live on the Gulf so rough days are a common theme here even though we do have the intercoastal but is more idle speed than none idle.

I do plan on taking whatever boat to a few poker runs though to and actually talked to my bud yestersay about trailoring it up next year for LOTO shootout weekend. So speed will take more preferance than just being able to handle rough seas.

If more questions come up i will def contact you...thanks again.

vettex1 08-18-2011 08:16 AM

Go with the 280 Velocity. If I'm not mistaken the 280 is actually a 26' haul with the extended platform. We had one and it rides very well, do not go with a 260 (which I think is actually a 24' haul), you will get beat up in the rougher water. As far as room in the 280, its really not a problem, especially with 5 people, we always had 5 and was never a problem. These boats will run, we were pumping about 625+ HP and was able to get 94 on GPS. Boat is super stable up to about 80-85 then you get on the pad and you have to really start driving it. Good luck with your purchase.

Nate5.0 08-18-2011 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by vettex1 (Post 3482111)
Go with the 280 Velocity. If I'm not mistaken the 280 is actually a 26' haul with the extended platform. We had one and it rides very well, do not go with a 260 (which I think is actually a 24' haul), you will get beat up in the rougher water. As far as room in the 280, its really not a problem, especially with 5 people, we always had 5 and was never a problem. These boats will run, we were pumping about 625+ HP and was able to get 94 on GPS. Boat is super stable up to about 80-85 then you get on the pad and you have to really start driving it. Good luck with your purchase.

Ya i do did see and know that with them (26/28) are truely 2' shorted than listed but have swim platforms on them which cool with me as i would want a platform anyway.

I have heard they are drivers boats especially once on the pad....i planned on taking that high performance boat class they offer on this site that you go one on one with a instructor and your boat. I have never been that fast or had a boat with a pad so some actual insight and suggestions would be a good idea IMO.