New 2001 Checkmate 270 Convincor >

New 2001 Checkmate 270 Convincor

Notices

New 2001 Checkmate 270 Convincor

Old 08-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
Mainly Cumberland but have been to KY and Barkley a couple times. Enjoy the new ride and congrats again!
Thank ya! Ky lake is really nice place. My next trip is Cumberland. Ive heard a ton about it. Any local events going on soon?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wyatt_450
I go to Barkley and kentucky just about every weekend. Heres a picture of my boat, if you see us stop by for a bit man.

Ill be there this weekend. Around smith and the quarry. Give me a shout if your there.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewr
Thank ya! Ky lake is really nice place. My next trip is Cumberland. Ive heard a ton about it. Any local events going on soon?
The best weekend on the lake is coming up soon, the weekend of Sept. 10th-11th, the LC Poker Run. It's a don't miss event and like I previously mentioned the best weekend of the year IMO. Huge boat turnout and some wild partying both in Harmon Creek during the day and back at State Dock at night.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TBAG
The best weekend on the lake is coming up soon, the weekend of Sept. 10th-11th, the LC Poker Run. It's a don't miss event and like I previously mentioned the best weekend of the year IMO. Huge boat turnout and some wild partying both in Harmon Creek during the day and back at State Dock at night.
I was reading that one of the Marina's takes all there rental houseboats and keeps them docked at marina and rents the rooms out. Whats the details on that?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewr
I was reading that one of the Marina's takes all there rental houseboats and keeps them docked at marina and rents the rooms out. Whats the details on that?
That is at State Dock, the host of the Run. It's called the 'boatel'. You have to be a participant in the Run to be able to rent one, even so they are guaranteed to be booked by now. Most other rental houseboats from other marinas around the lake sell out the day after the Run from people reserving one for NEXT year! It's by far the most crowded weekend on the lake every year. Don't know if you'll have any luck finding a place to stay this late but you can always sleep in that nice new cuddy.

Here's the info for it

http://www.lakecumberlandpokerrun.net/

Here is an aerial of Harmon on Saturday after the run from a couple years ago.

Last edited by TBAG; 08-18-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered

Good God man, thats nuts!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Registered

Congrats on the new Checkmate. VEry nice looking boat. I am sure you will be very happy with it. I have a 253, which is pretty much the same boat, yours has a different deck but the hull is either identical or nearly identical.

It rides really well for it's size and with the 502 it should run well too.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Registered

Congrats on the new mate. I 2 just bought a mate,242. I took it out on Norris last week to test it and then hauled back to Cumberland. I will be out this weekend and def for the poker run. Everyone should make that weekend!!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Registered

Thanks guys. They are definitely a cool boat. I couldn't believe how clean this one was. Ive ran the boat a few times before I bought it and it scoots pretty good. We will find out this weekend for sure.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:39 PM

If you need a place to stat for the Cumberland Poker Run I may have a bedroom available on a rental houseboat from Burnside. We will be tied up in Harmon all weekend, pm me if you may be interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.