Notices

OT: Is my dog dying???

Old 06-10-2002, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Please do not think that I am dumping on OutlawBayB but I would like to remind all dog owners that it a good idea to get your dog tested and then give heart worm preventative. I, in the past have forgotten to do this but was lucky.

Outlaw, I am glad your girl is doing better...may she continue to improve.
Old 06-10-2002, 02:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds very encouraging! I think she has turned the corner and is on the way back. If she eats at all, she is definetly getting better. I am so happy for you!

Here's a picture of my girl last year when we were duck hunting.
Attached Thumbnails OT: Is my dog dying???-dixie-truck.jpg  
Old 06-10-2002, 02:37 PM
Banned

I had all three of my dogs tested last year and put them on Heartguard. I had them on it before, but it is so easy to forget to give it to them each month. If you forget, then you have to have them tested before putting them back on heartguard. Heartguard also kills other worms. Dogs get the heartworms mostly from mosquitos.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:48 PM
XTRM22

After Friday I wasn't gonna check in, I start reading these posts and sit here crying like a baby. I hated to leave my two "girls" (Osita, a black chow mix, and Oakley, a shepard / border collie mix), even just for the weekend. I am very happy that it sounds like Outlawbaby's lab is doing better, good luck.
Chuck

Old 06-11-2002, 07:11 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Carina,how is your pup doing?
Old 06-11-2002, 10:35 AM
OutlawBayB

GottaHaveIt-
yes I did have her on pills-2 yrs ago!!!! With the new baby, moving, staying at home, having my baby on an apnea monitor for a year &&&&& having to put the dog outside.........we overlooked it. The vet thinks she had them for 9-18 months, & that's @ right. prob took her 3 months to get it after we stopped the pill. I know.........., I feel like chit.

BUT....the vet said there's a shot they can give dogs once every 6 months so you don't forget about it. You schedule the appt & they call & remind you 6 months later. If my dog pulls thru, I'll probably go for that treatment.

Also, a friend was tellling me that the heartworms will die of old age & heartgaurd (?) will kill of only the babies and the dog could live for several years with heartworms. I'm not sure about this b/c but it worked for her. I'd rather do it the right way.

Saturn, my dog, seems to be doing A LOT better now. She does drink tons of water. But, she is eating if I trick her that it's table food. I put it on a paper plate & feed her from the table with a fork. It's new canned food so she's loving it. She's now up to eating almost a whole can of food a day.If I don't feed her, she won't eat AND she's begging for scraps at the table. SO, I'im thinking that's a good sign. She still lays around, but the steroids she's on seems to help her energy & eating. In 2 wks, she goes in for yet another trmt, Ican only hope she'll make it thru the next 2. I will keep ya'll posted.

Thank you all for everything.

Old 06-11-2002, 11:10 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

gottahaveit, thats a great picture . . .that dog has attitude,you need to get him a purple collar so he matches the boat totally with the white fur.

outlaw it good to here your dog is doing better. keep tricking her in to eating, good luck at the vets an keep us posted
Old 06-11-2002, 03:12 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Here's my 30lb Bischon
Attached Thumbnails OT: Is my dog dying???-cart-small.jpg  
Old 06-11-2002, 03:16 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Ron P has a friggin Bichon........oh geesh.....whatta HOMO!!!!!!!!

Oh wait a minute......so do I.......

How in the hell did you get it to 30LBS........feedin that thing lead pellets or what??????........mine is just about 6 1/2 years old and she weighs in at a svelt 14 LBS.......and she has had two litters and NO stretch marks........and hardly a pound heavier....

Uh Oh I think I'm gonna get it for that one........
Old 06-11-2002, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You shouldn't project your frustrations onto you animals, Shor!

Quick Reply: OT: Is my dog dying???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.