Power boats not allowed at public marina >

Power boats not allowed at public marina

Notices

Power boats not allowed at public marina

Old 08-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Is this the government or a few of the club members deciding to make their own rules ?
The Ohio Department of natural resources has a Vendor sublease contract with The Alum Creek sailing Association (I have the contract if you want to read it). The sublease says that the facility must be open to the public. The State told the club in 2006 (I have meeting minutes if you want to read them) that all courtesy docks must be open to the public. The club will not designate any docks as courtesy docks. The State says the club is not in violation of the contract because it does not specifically say they have to have courtesy docks. The contract does say:
"To assume full responsibility for the planning and construction of seasonal an/or guest dockage in accordance with plans and specifications approved by the office of Chief Engineer and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers"

The Army does not want to be bothered with the issue. They don't care.

The State has a vested interest in making the sailboat club happy. The State gets a portion of the profit generated by the club. The State also does not want to admit fault in the administration or management of the contract over the last 6 years and denial of public access. I am sure that someone would be responsible for allowing this to go on for so long.

If you want to send a letter to the ODNR people that are in charge of this, PM me and I will send you their email. It would be great if they heard from more than myself and a handful of locals with the courage to ask them why its not being fixed.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Signed.......108
Old 08-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered

Another signature.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

# 112
Old 08-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Registered

#113.

I may drag the boat over sometime and check it out in person.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered

#13 is a retired Ohio Citizen who was in the Military during Vietnam. He drove his pontoon boat up to this facility to pick up his daughter who had parked in the public parking lot. He drove up to the main dock walkway and stopped to let her step across. He did not touch or tie up to the dock for fear of trouble. He got trouble anyway, one of the officers of the club came down the dock and told him not to come back and that he was not welcome.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

#51 has worked for the Army for over 15 years. He served during the Gulf war and was away from his family for years. In a meeting last May he was told by the sailboat club executive committee that they did not want him there because they did not want to have to pay for his toilet paper and trash collection. This is a clear violation of the contract terms to keep the facility open to the public. The ODNR was present at this meeting. The ODNR has taken no action to fix this.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kenthegreenkeeper
#113.

I may drag the boat over sometime and check it out in person.
I will give you a tour and cook you something nice on the grill.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Registered

Wow crazy Chit!!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Done #118 !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.