Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Power boats not allowed at public marina >

Power boats not allowed at public marina

Notices

Power boats not allowed at public marina

Old 08-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

I am north of the border in Canada and I appologize in advance if it has already been covered as I have been intermitant reading this forum.

I do not know of the exact legal phrasing , but here there are laws regarding the right to safe harbour/ safe mooring.... it came up in a legal class where a film company was filming the movie FX2 on Lake Simcoe and a group occupying a boat choose to anchor just off shore - obviously in the line of the filming and the company had to halt production until the boat choose to move on.

The boat claimed safe anchor and it was the end of the discussion on a beautiuful summer day. Entering a marina claiming "Safe harbour" over rides anyone's opinion annoyed with the presence of an " Unwanted" craft..

I realize this is not 100% applicable but gray areas/loopholes are what makes policial BS gain steam. I am not advising anyone to do this as it just becomes a pi$$ing match- just asking if this law also has merit in the State?
Old 08-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Signed.....This is bogus!!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:20 AM
Registered

I have a Snail Mail package for anyone who would like one. It includes a couple of pre addressed stamped envelopes with a form letter. Sign the form letter or write your own comments and drop it in the mail.

Send me your address, I will send you the package. There are 8 envelopes to the local ODNR, State Government, Army Corp. and sailing club.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...m-creek-s.html
Old 08-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered

#177 good luck Guttenburg IA did something like that tax money put in a new marina they rent all the slips no pubic mooring in the inlet but they do have 3 very old slips on the main chanell maybe 20' long what a joke we don't even try going there. its to bad some nice places to eat there.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered

well me and 3 other boats went out and stayed there friday night. we tied up and made dinner and just shot the **** while having some adult bev. just hanging out with 4 families with kids. party time wasnt even close to happening. went to sleep around 12 am or so. wake up in the morning start to clean boat up and 2-3 ass clowns are running there gibs from the end of the dock. quiet time is at 11 pm he told me. i just keep wiping my boat down. then a really big moron tells me that theres 10 other coves that we need to check out.

needles to say im hot at this point. the funny thing is i cant believe the size of these dudes balls. im not a MMA fighter or anything, but i am a big stocky dude and ex wrestler state placer (2x) being a little (cocky) lol. i would not run my mouth to me if im 150 lbs . if my kids were not there i would have drove my boat over there and hip tossed that cat in the water.

sorry i had to vent. this **** is out of control. i cant take it anymore
Old 08-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

They confronted a family trying to get back to their car in the public parking lot on Sunday, Told them to leave and not come back. A man dropping off his wife and twin 6 year old boys so they could go home and get ready for school the next day. It is completely out of control, I have no idea why the state wont step in and do something about it.

Last edited by Dr Ralphy; 08-31-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Registered

TD your letter package is in the mail. If anyone else wants one send me your address.

Families were told to leave public park grounds on Friday and Sunday again last week. Please sign the petition to help us get this resolved.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...m-creek-s.html
Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by TDSTYG
well me and 3 other boats went out and stayed there friday night. we tied up and made dinner and just shot the **** while having some adult bev. just hanging out with 4 families with kids. party time wasnt even close to happening. went to sleep around 12 am or so. wake up in the morning start to clean boat up and 2-3 ass clowns are running there gibs from the end of the dock. quiet time is at 11 pm he told me. i just keep wiping my boat down. then a really big moron tells me that theres 10 other coves that we need to check out.

needles to say im hot at this point. the funny thing is i cant believe the size of these dudes balls. im not a MMA fighter or anything, but i am a big stocky dude and ex wrestler state placer (2x) being a little (cocky) lol. i would not run my mouth to me if im 150 lbs . if my kids were not there i would have drove my boat over there and hip tossed that cat in the water.

sorry i had to vent. this **** is out of control. i cant take it anymore
Originally Posted by Dr Ralphy
They confronted a family trying to get back to their car in the public parking lot on Sunday, Told them to leave and not come back. A man dropping off his wife and twin 6 year old boys so they could go home and get ready for school the next day. It is completely out of control, I have no idea why the state wont step in and do something about it.
I'm amazed at how a group of people can become so full of themselves and take such a hardline position towards others. Hope karma catches up with the mob. You need to get this out to other sailboaters also. They are not all idiots like this clubs membership. Also try to get it on the BOATUS website.
ed

Last edited by Interceptor; 09-02-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added
Old 09-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe a new approach is needed. Have a few boats tie up for the night and have a few boys come in their cars and when the Jack****s come, let them have a little fun with you and then kick their **s good. Seeing no one else is listening to you. Losers like that try to intimidate others and maybe it is time to do it to them. Having a bunch of dud's who aren't going to be intimidated by some losers might be fun to turn it on them and just maybe it will send a message to those who haven't been listening. Just my two cents.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:37 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Just a thought but have you considered getting the local news involved in this sutuation. Maybe invite a reporter along one day to witness and document the attitude from the marina?

I'm sure they would love the negative press on something like that.

Signed #183

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.