Notices

Nordic Heat 28

Old 08-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

For me i had to rule out the 29' Fountain as its a "racing series" model with no cabin and while it is beautiful it is not what i want or need.

So i am hoping the rebuild on the 28' Velocity was a proper one and i will focus on that.

Just incase i did find two "newly" listed other options.....

A. 98, 25' Baja outlaw

B. 01, 26' power quest.

So we shall see what happens here.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 08-24-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobl
Hey Jay,
Nice to meet you yesterday. Looks like we will be going to test a 900HP 28 Heat Friday on Lake LBJ. If you can get free, you'd be welcome to ride along.

Bob Lloyd
Hey Bob,

I have a long appointment with the wife in the morning on Friday, are you testing in the morning?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
Hey Bob,

I have a long appointment with the wife in the morning on Friday, are you testing in the morning?
You know your going to be screwed if you go for a ride on that Heat right.....Hahahaha
Old 08-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered

Nate- I got to poke around in Bob's Heat mid cabin yesterday, and let me tell you, I was very impressed. Dont know if you have had the chance to get in a Heat or not, but I was thinking it was going to be a "sports boat" interior... its actually quite comfy to me. Good luck either way with anything you choose, and I am sure all the higher end boats have a decent interior as well. I am stuck on the Heat for sure and will be striving for that goal.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
You know your going to be screwed if you go for a ride on that Heat right.....Hahahaha
I know, I was screwed yesterday just sitting in one on a trailer, now Bob really wants to kill my wallet hahaha.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Nate- I got to poke around in Bob's Heat mid cabin yesterday, and let me tell you, I was very impressed. Dont know if you have had the chance to get in a Heat or not, but I was thinking it was going to be a "sports boat" interior... its actually quite comfy to me. Good luck either way with anything you choose, and I am sure all the higher end boats have a decent interior as well. I am stuck on the Heat for sure and will be striving for that goal.
I love the heats ibside more than any others to be honest.....i just love that mid cabin design.

I just dont want to get one and get it into the gulf on a choppy day and have regrets is my biggest thing as they seem to be more lake boats.

As far as style and design though...hands down what i want.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered

This is true, we have wildly different boating areas for sure.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Registered

I had a 99 Heat, its actually newly for sale in the classifieds. I agree 100% with Indy's comments on the Heat. My particular boat did not suit my type of boating in Lake Michigan. I will tell you I had more compliments on that boat than any other boats I have owned. If I were you I'd take a peak at 288 Sunsation, very similiar in alot of ways to the Nordic, but a better ride in the big water.

My .02
Old 08-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
I had a 99 Heat, its actually newly for sale in the classifieds. I agree 100% with Indy's comments on the Heat. My particular boat did not suit my type of boating in Lake Michigan. I will tell you I had more compliments on that boat than any other boats I have owned. If I were you I'd take a peak at 288 Sunsation, very similiar in alot of ways to the Nordic, but a better ride in the big water.

My .02
I looked at the Heats as well a few years back. Did they ever get rid of that cheap looking carpet in the engine compartment? Add any air intake/outlets back there?
The carpet in the engine compartment really turned me off to them. Plus it did not have the room back there vs the Sunsation. I do my own work so that was of importance. Overall I liked the lines, just a few too many head scracther items that I felt did not justify the lines of the boat.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We've got some work to do on the boat in the mornng, then probably have lunch before heading to the lake. My guess would be around 1pm.

Bob

Hey Bob,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.