Commentary: In Fountain Versus Fountain, Only the Lawyers Are Sure Winners >

Commentary: In Fountain Versus Fountain, Only the Lawyers Are Sure Winners

Notices

Commentary: In Fountain Versus Fountain, Only the Lawyers Are Sure Winners

Old 08-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,746 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default Commentary: In Fountain Versus Fountain, Only the Lawyers Are Sure Winners

For what it's worth, http://speedonthewater.com/commentar...e-winners.html.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If any of the statements made in Reggie's countersuits are true, I don't think Liberty will be around in two years. I find it ironic that one company(Liberty and its conglomerates) can rescue another company(Fountain), yet it seems to be in twice as bad shape as the one they took over. Strange days indeed.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

As Matt said the only winners are the lawyers as this will likely drag out awhile. what I find interesting is that in the last 6 months there have been several stories about all the great boats Reggie is going to build and have out by the end of the year and each of those posts have page after page of loyalists gushing over all that will be yet now that this all comes out and the lawsuit states the Reggie has no tooling and implies that he has not been involved in the building of any new boats everyone is silent. dont get me wrong, I have known Reggie a very long time, all the way back to tunnel boats. I will defend to the death all the acheivements he has brought to boating and boat racing. I even worked for him a life time ago building his race boats. I just feel that in the long run he would have been better off walking away and writing off the 75K because I dont think in the end the lawsuit will help his finances or his image. It certainly will not help the image of Liberty and that is a shame for the people who work at the plant trying to keep their mortgage paid. Just my $.02.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

From what i read,it does not appear there will be any money to pay the lawyers from either side.

Last edited by skater40; 08-23-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

After reading all the posted docs. I firmly believe that Reggie started the lawsuit to expose Liberty.

I also caught the no new boats are being built verbage. It does look as though some of the things he is doing might be questionable. With that said, if the same things happened to me that are "claimed" in the suit. I would probably have done the same thing.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,746 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
From what i read,it dose not appear there will be any money to pay the lawyers from either side.
My friend, somehow, the lawyers always get paid. Nothing against them (my cousin, who happens to be one of my best friends, is one), but they always get paid.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
My friend, somehow, the lawyers always get paid. Nothing against them (my cousin, who happens to be one of my best friends, is one), but they always get paid.
that is probably the most truthful statement any where on this board.